Has anyone ever used a Solna 464

Comica

Has anyone ever used a Solna 464 18 x 25 sheetfed press, or know whether this is a reliable machine?

Thanks

Re: Has anyone ever used a Solna 464

I worked in a shop that had 3 of them. Like most things in life they were as reliable as the operators. A good operator can produce good quality work with few breakdowns. In that shop however they were used mostly as a training ground for feeders looking to become pressmen. They're not, in my opinion presses that can take a severe pounding, rather they require a gentle touch. Another shop I worked at had a 264 and it was a total nightmare. It seems that the press was built with the wrong size oilers so after just 6 months of limited production the impression cylinder bearings had to be replaced. When the plate and blanket bearings had to be replaced after another 6 months the problem of wrong oilers was found. All repairs were done under warranty but lost production time forced the company to buy a 2-colour Miller as a replacement.

BTW, Miller = German Solna :(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back