Has anyone used EMC Document Sciences Software?

MailGuru

I am researching VDP software looking for a STABLE platform from which to do, basically, what XMPie does (InDesign Plug-In, complex variable data, variable image digital print, cross-media email, pURLs, etc.) and ran accross this company. Their software looks very complete and looks like it will do what I need. Has anyone had any experience/dealings with them?

EMC2 is an enterprise level cloud computing/document management company. They do offer personalization products but I have never heard of them operation in the VDP arena per se.

What is it that you need from a VDP solution that you're not getting currently?

Good Luck.

Thanks for the response DPG. We are moving in to cross-channel multi-media campaigns. We are currently using a well-known and widely-used Xerox-owned product, and, had anticipated going to the next level with them (a $100,000 + investiment). However, for our high-volume digital print operation, a recent event with regards to a software level upgrade produced a significant amount of erroneous documents (legal contracts), put a screeching halt to our production, and sent us scrambling to modify over 75 different documents as a work-around to continue operations.

When we go to multi-media, one of the applications will be e-mail generation and deployment from a fulfillment point of view. (Think, booking a reservation and getting an almost immediate confirmation email complete with your arrival and departure dates, itinerary, etc.)

In order for for this to work, the software we use for VDP will need to execute what is known as "lights-out administration". In other words, it will need to be stable enough to run, unattended, 24/7, once we build the generation and deployment engine. I don't believe our current VDP product is capable of operating at that level.

So, I'm researching competitive Variable-Image, Variable Data products that operate as a plug-in to InDesign/ Dreamweaver, etc. that provide more stability.

Take a look at Pageflex. They have a group of products that run from a simple InDesign plugin up to a VDP driven web storefront. Products handle print, email and web.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back