Head in hands

ajr

Our Print rep of 20yrs+ has asked me to do a wet proof off the digital and email it to his customer and copy him in !!!!!!!!!!

When will the fun ever stop!

A

Our Print rep of 20yrs+ has asked me to do a wet proof off the digital and email it to his customer and copy him in !!!!!!!!!!

When will the fun ever stop!

A

Just tell your print rep that you cannot email a wet proof because liquids and electronics don't mix. It would fry the Internet.

Best gordo

reminds me of the time in a previous life when a salesman very proudly told our customer that we had done some excellent 'under colour retouching' on his job

Did you include a blue line and the films? I had a customer tell me to "just tweak your camera to increase the dot in that screen" a few weeks ago. I figure I'll have somebody send me pasteup or film sometime soon.

My favorite "salesman-ism" is when we had an image of a book case with a bunch of books on it and the sales rep wanted me to move a book to the right so you could see the cover of the book to it's left.

Or another time when we had to get films to the customer quickly, but still needed a waterproof made. He suggested to save time that we ship out the film and then do the waterproof later......Um, and what films do you suggest we use to make them?

Digital dots

Digital dots

In the early days of digital prepress a tour guide came through and announced that "you can even see the half-tone dots as he grabs a loupe and leans over to the monitor ..."

That's nothing we apparently have a magic perfector on our six unit press. It moves and prints 4 over 2 or 1 over 5 or even 4 over 4 (must use magic plates too).

Reminds me of the time when I was asked if our company could match Panasonic colors.

I just said 'yes' without correcting him.

Reminds me of the time when I was asked if our company could match Panasonic colors.

I just said 'yes' without correcting him.

Maybe he meant to say "Panatone?" Then again, it wasn't a printing forum where I saw someone add an extra "a" and syllable to Pantone so it isn't as if the person should have known better.

I had a customer using PMS 186 watching over my shoulder as I made minor tweaks to her artwork, and she seemed to be getting angrier and angrier by the minute. I continued to be civil, unsure why she was getting so feisty. Finally we finished the tweaks and she said it was FINE.
As she walked out the door, I heard her grumble that only a MAN would name the color "red" as PMS!!

True story :(

In the old days we used to ask new employees to get a small bag of halftone dots. That way they learned to find their way around the building and all departments very quickly and it was great fun.

great stuff. :)
there should be a section in here just for this kinda stuff! love it.

we would have salesmen bring in a tour of clients and be explaining what is actually be done in graphics:

"here's where we do the lasering and ripping of film."

"here's where we make our waterless proofs."

"this is where we laser our plates."

:)

all new employees get an induction job of - separating the colours in the waste toner from our digital machines, we normally leave them at it for about 2 hours before letting them in on the joke...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back