Heidelberg GTO 46 trouble feeding 10-hole paper

cwatts84

Hey guys, I have a 1 color Heidelberg GTO 46 and the only way I have found to run 10-hole drilled (top) paper is to put a piece of tape over one of the holes on the feed gripper. It runs fine running regular stocks (with no holes) but is becoming a pain because the tape eventually comes off and the press stops! Any ideas or fixes for this? Thanks!

To follow up on this . . . the holes on the forwarding grippers are for sheet detection if there is no paper blocking it, it does not sense a sheet and stops the press . . . either feed it so the holes in the paper don't line up with the grippers or run it tail end first if you have enough gripper . . .

Thanks for all of the responses. It seems that maybe the holed paper is off when it comes from the manufacturer? For the past 10 years or so, I have been able to run 10-hole paper with no problems and all of the sudden its stopping the press. I will look into this. I will probably have more press questions about other things so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks again

Bah did not understand it was feeding grippers :S as said either tape gripper or check finger grippers have equal bite of paper

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back