Heidelberg QM 46 roller pressure

kirby

I have been having a big problem trying to set the inking form rollers to the distributor roller in unit 1.
The book is really vague about this pressure setting. It says 1st inking form - use the yellow screws. 2nd form - use the blue. and the 3rd says: red/engage the inking form rollers to the plate (special function SF02 on). This is where I'm having the problem - I can't find the red screws!!! I found some pink ones or maybe they are violet for adjusting the form to the plate, but can not adjust the 3rd form roller to the distributor. What am I missing here? Thanks

If you go to Youtube and look up QM 46 there is a 6 part instructional video on the QM/PM 46. Part 4 might be of some interest to help solve your problem. Or go to Google and do a search on QM 46. It will lead you to the Youtube site. Hope this helps.

If you open the door to the press where you insert the handle to turn the press over you look down and back you will see the red adjustment screws. They might be dirty so they may be hard to see. Best way is to use a mini dentist mirror with a flashlight and you will see it. Once you find that one then you know where the general area is for the one on the drive side. Remember more pressure to the oscillator then to the plate. I like 4 mm to the oscillator and about 3.5 to the plate. Good luck

The red screws are next to the side frame under the plate cylinder shaft. You access the screw from the damp side of the cylinder. If you still need some info please give me a call I will be happy to help.
Stan Intermountain Press Service,llc. 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com
PS. I also have numerous new/used parts for your press along with some pressroom supplies

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back