Heidelberg QMDI - image stretch?

bobtucker

We have been experiencing an increasing amount of image stretch on job coming off our QMDI in the last two weeks. I have ruled out any file issues so I believe it is happening at the RIP or the press.

Any ideas what could cause this type of issue. I immediately thought roller pressure could be stretching the stock, my pressman tells me that is not the case.

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm a Prepress guy.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ret Heidelberg Instructor

Ret Heidelberg Instructor

We have been experiencing an increasing amount of image stretch on job coming off our QMDI in the last two weeks. I have ruled out any file issues so I believe it is happening at the RIP or the press.

Any ideas what could cause this type of issue. I immediately thought roller pressure could be stretching the stock, my pressman tells me that is not the case.

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm a Prepress guy.

Thanks in advance for any help

What do you mean by stretch? Is it one color or more? Is the grain direction long on your paper? There are many possibilities, please provide more information on the problems your are having. What model of DI do you have. Classic. Plus or Pro?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back