Help in Konica Minolta Bizhub C6501

leo

Hi everybody,

I'm newer. I have no experience with KM Bizhub C6501. Does anybody know, which suggested spare parts of KM Bizhub we must replace after times it worked exhausted?
And how many total copies that one Bizhub C6501 can reach, later we must to replace some parts and maintenance it?

Any advice is appreciate!
Thanks!

Most machines like that come with a contract from a dealer for maintenance, toner, etc. If you've purchased the machine without the contract and without having any knowledge of the machine, I would (very) quickly find a dealer and get a contract on the machine before something major goes out on it...

If you are interested in servicing your own machine, I would either have an employee or go yourself to some copier technician training from the company. My understanding is that they do not let just anyone attend. And in my honest opinion it would not be worth the hassle to go to that length to maintain my own machine, I have better things to do that make money when the technician is just a phone call away.

Good luck

The parts you will want to replace yourself are the Coronas (chargers). If you have the know-how, you will also replace the drums, developer and sometimes the developer units and the belt.
I would recommend having a trained service technician perform the scheduled maintenance. If you keep your coronas clean you will get good life out of the machine between PMs.
There are maintenance counters that let you know how much life the parts have left in them.
You should also have the fuser rebuilt every couple hundred thousand.

I have a KM 6501 and my tech always lets me know when it's time for scheduled maintenance, drum changes, etc. I only do the easy stuff like changing toner and the toner expel bottle.

I'm really hoping here that you have a tech contract. That's something you really don't want to skimp on...

hi i have C6501 and facing a problem in banding ...replaced a brand new corona chargers , done calibration , auto gamma and color reg.. but cant solve the issue ..the prints has too much banding and cant print solid colors properly.. any solution ???

Just reading this and sitting here wondering.... why would anyone buy ANY digital machine that they intend on using to make an income and NOT get a service contract? Do you actually think these machines run like a REAL press and go months without service? If you are lucky they might go a week or two at best.

Banding

Banding

hi i have C6501 and facing a problem in banding ...replaced a brand new corona chargers , done calibration , auto gamma and color reg.. but cant solve the issue ..the prints has too much banding and cant print solid colors properly.. any solution ???

If the banding runs the length of the sheet (lead edge to tail) then it is most likely the coronas. If they run the width of the sheet, you are looking at new drum(s) and/or belt and/or transfer roller.
Your best bet is to have a PM done by a trained technician.
Disclaimer: I am not a tech, just a humble operator who pays attention.

1. Have you had many feed jams in the past little while.
2. How long ago (clicks maybe) has it been since your fuser has been serviced
3. How long ago since you've had a Maintenance Cycle 1? (its usually 200,000 clicks of a 8.5x11 equivalent sheet size).

tgrec is correct about the symptom/solution... i'm betting its close to its PM

Last edited:
Let's not attempt to beat someone up because they don't have a service agreement. This is a scare tactic and actually is the LAST thing a smart printer does. And that's coming from a copier dealer with over 25 years in this business. There's a large difference between my office client and my printers. As a dealer I expect my printers to know their machine as a professional user. Not just a clerk who occasionally makes copies. That means the printer and his staff know how to perform user maintenance, run calibrations and have the general operation of the machine down pat.

When I first take over a printing company, it takes them a little while to get used to dealing with a copier dealer who isn't there to "capture" their business. I teach them how to buy used machines and run the wheels off them and purchase more. I show them how to streamline their operations and move away from some of the industry commons that aren't always in the best interest. Like service agreements for example.

Did you know the average dealer makes around 40% on service agreements? Sure, they're absorbing the risk, and you're paying for the umbrella. I can show any printer how to, in a very short period of time, turn their organization into a self-reliant, lean mean printing company. It's all about strategic planning, tactical buying, and a discipline to get the lowest cost per copy. If you're lazy and only focus on putting ink on a page, then by all means, get a service contract and ignore about 30% potential profit.

Buying new machines is ridiculous. There is nothing that new machine gives you that is worth paying TWICE the amount of a used 2 or 3 year old machine. "PARTNER" with a GOOD local dealer and you'll start exchanging machines out with him and strategically buying your supplies and materials from his sources. You'll then see how TRUE aggressive and smart printers do business...

For the record, I have printers that make anywhere from 50K color prints a month to 2.2 million color clicks a month. ALL are using this method and saving a ton of money! As for me, I'm still making good money on the machines and the supplies and occasional service calls, and there isn't one manufacturer or aggressive dealer who can steal my business, because they simply can't compete with the averaged cost per copy that my clients enjoy!

So not to get off topic here, but let's go easy on the scare tactics about 'You MUST have a service contract".. Nothing could be further from the truth...

Hi Chrisban35. Your post is really good and I do agree that your business methods are solid. I am a copier/printer dealer that actually owns a printshop... As to analyze original post... Look, guy is already here, he has a machine, knows nothing about it but has a ton of questions. Even being a copier/printer tech company, we're started to deal with printing equipment a lot and printers that kind of out of our league... First thing I do, often even before I buy the machine, I go online and buy download of a service manual, that has most answers to the questions he asked... Thats called doing your homework and with this I would actually agree with other posters who advised/suggested that he should just get a service contract and forget it. There are different kind of users (for us - customers), in my opinion, the customer who is ready for some tech-specific answers is the one who starts the question with: "Hi i have a KM Bizhub C6500, it has 800,000 pages on the counter, we had changed this and that parts X amount of pages ago and now have this kind of a problem... We tried this and that so far but it did not help, anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance. " Not as "Hi I have this unit, know nothing, want to think of nothing how to resolve my problems and find my answers - whole forum just get together and educate me because you must" I find it some what disrespectful. Do your homework, give people the information, give them a chance to help you. That guy - you want to help him? Lets run to our service manuals, read it for him, answer his questions, ask for meter reading (you know it is important especially with remote diagnostic), maintenance counts while he is at it, may be he knows anything about the history of the machine... What is the environment where the machine is (just because it could be outside factors), is electric supply clean and stable? I mean, really?
Besides, as a general thing - this is a forum for printers, i.e. professional users, I understand - people do know their machines well but being asked for a maintenance components life span... I mean - a person could be a professional driver but must he know how often water pump must be changed? So technically he wound up in a wrong place - Copier tech forums should be more proper choice, don't you think ?
Places like copytechnet.com and others?

Last edited:
Hi Chrisban35. Your post is really good and I do agree that your business methods are solid. I am a copier/printer dealer that actually owns a printshop... As to analyze original post... Look, guy is already here, he has a machine, knows nothing about it but has a ton of questions. Even being a copier/printer tech company, we're started to deal with printing equipment a lot and printers that kind of out of our league... First thing I do, often even before I buy the machine, I go online and buy download of a service manual, that has most answers to the questions he asked... Thats called doing your homework and with this I would actually agree with other posters who advised/suggested that he should just get a service contract and forget it. There are different kind of users (for us - customers), in my opinion, the customer who is ready for some tech-specific answers is the one who starts the question with: "Hi i have a KM Bizhub C6500, it has 800,000 pages on the counter, we had changed this and that parts X amount of pages ago and now have this kind of a problem... We tried this and that so far but it did not help, anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance. " Not as "Hi I have this unit, know nothing, want to think of nothing how to resolve my problems and find my answers - whole forum just get together and educate me because you must" I find it some what disrespectful. Do your homework, give people the information, give them a chance to help you. That guy - you want to help him? Lets run to our service manuals, read it for him, answer his questions, ask for meter reading (you know it is important especially with remote diagnostic), maintenance counts while he is at it, may be he knows anything about the history of the machine... What is the environment where the machine is (just because it could be outside factors), is electric supply clean and stable? I mean, really?
Besides, as a general thing - this is a forum for printers, i.e. professional users, I understand - people do know their machines well but being asked for a maintenance components life span... I mean - a person could be a professional driver but must he know how often water pump must be changed? So technically he wound up in a wrong place - Copier tech forums should be more proper choice, don't you think ?
Places like copytechnet.com and others?

First, there are two types of people in the world. Those who do something "for" something, and those who do something for "someone". Each tells a little history about the other. A person in need, is a person in need. Regardless if they don't ask the question in the format you'd like, it doesn't mean they don't have the same value in needing your help. Earth, when compared to the entire universe, is but an immeasurable speck. helping others is a universal law. What comes around goes around. Pay it forward. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I could list them all if I thought it would actually help.

here's the part where we both agree. It is smart to do all the things you mentioned, and I sincerely agree with everything you said about getting a manual "first" and studying it, etc. But we can look at our own personal lives in other areas where we don't always "read the fine print" before we leap. Right? It's so easy to "judge" that static moment in time, or that person reaching up for a helping hand. Or that homeless guy on the corner reaching out for a dollar. Is he going to buy booze or food?

The "ACT" of giving isn't about the outcome, its about the pure act itself. One thing we can all grow on is understanding the genuine benefit and nature of a gift. It is given without any conceived notion of return. And, it is universally looked upon in good favor. Usually resulting in return favor down the road for you. So let's forget about talking down to those who need our help, and just simply give it... :)

God knows, when I started my business 10 years ago, many mature business owners could've dogged me out about the way I was running a business. Starting when I had no clue what I was doing... But instead, they found value in the fact that I was at least trying. Had the spirit to brave the entrepreneurial path. They gave me wisdom and advice and helped me grow my business into what it is today. I think one of the greatest lessons I learned was help never has conditions.....

Before I get all philosophically deep and encrusted into the rights and wrongs of life, let me now back out of the trenches and into my reason for being here on this thread... And I'll try and give my fellow technicians the courtesy of setting a foundational platform into my question... :)

Developer and Drum Changes on a 6501. Is there anything I need to know that is different from other standard developer drum changes on other Konica Minolta Bizhub series that are different than the 6500/6501? Also, second part to that question. I have a whitesheet here that talks about updating the ROM if I use the new developer versus the older developer. I honestly couldn't decipher the differences and need some clarification. I know that when in doubt, ROM it.. :)

One thing I noticed about PM'ing a Bizhub C6501, there is a much more in-depth process to it. Please advice on the experiences you have with developer changes, ROM updates for newer Dev kits, etc.. :) Thanks in advance for any help you may provide... :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back