Help! J75 or KM-C6000 or KM-C8000

balagovindadasa

We are running a print shop in India. Currently using Xerox DC5000 from past 5 years. Now WE HAVE TO upgrade! Now we are very much confused to select between these machines:

Xerox J75
Konica Minolta C6000
Konica Minolta C8000

Xerox Pros & Cons (which we have experienced; we are on FSMA or pay-per-print policy):

1) Service is quite good.
2) If anything not solvable, they blame simply on our room temperature (AC), though we maintain temperature properly.
3) Few engineers (at least our engineer) behave like police officers. They are very strict, though friendly.
4) Arrival time, contact time, solution time - all quick.
5) The worst part: We should not take huge tint or full-color jobs. If we do so, they will play/reject/deny/delay to send toners, telling that the toner yield was less. This really frustrates us. They don't consider that colors are ultimately customers' choice.
6) Whenever they want, they will increase FSMA or price-per-print, mentioning that USD has raised!

Konica Minolta Pros & Cons (which we have heard):

1) Service is not so good.
2) No toner usage restrictions. We can continuously print @ 100% coverage also. They don't worry.
3) Time taken to rectify a issue is quite long time.
4) Very, very less FSMA (pay-per-print price).
5) Machines are very much lowly priced.
6) Amazing outputs on textured boards.
7) Engineers are not strict, but always friendly.
8) Price-freeze guarantee for 5 years, promised in written agreement.

Not yet used KM. But most of the known people here are suggesting to go for KM.

Now we are totally confused to select among these three machines.

Our monthly volume is 50,000+

Please help us to choose the best machine!

Last edited:
Considering the printing volume I think your choice is between J75 and KM8000.

I've worked in sales for a Xerox reseller and IMHO the J75 could be a very good choice:
- online spectrophotometer is a real plus, allowing extremely easy fast and precise color registration
- new SIQA software for color consistency and front/back registration is very easy to use
- the machine is less technician-dependant since the user can make maintenance by himself, changing the most important parts easily
- I've seen very interesting prints on textured paper made with J75

Ask your xerox salesman to write down on contract a fixed price for at least 4 years....they definitely can do this....

Hope this post can help

Thanks a lot Mogrsi for your kind suggestions. I know this very well. Xerox will NOT agree (at least here) to agree in writing for fixed pricing. But still, I will give a try, and if they agree, I will sure let you know. Also thanks for your inputs on J75. I really appreciate your kind time and suggestions.

Our lease for Xerox DC5000AP is almost up too. We just purchased the new Konica Minolta C1070. We have had it for less than a month and its the best purchase we have ever made.
The machine is 1/3, price per impression is very affordable and locked in for 3 yrs. We can print solid ink coverage on any stock so far and no problems. Print quality is outstanding. Service is a little slow but when they come in they get the problem fixed the first time. On the Xerox we can have 2 service calls the same day because the first rep fixed a problem but another issue occurred after they left.
The J75 is the same engine as the 700 with minor modifications. We had the 700 and the quality was terrible on gloss stocks

ian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back