Help on Linotronic 330 and RIP 40

Ronald

I recently acquired a Lino 330 and rip 40 that I wanted to set up on my own please can any one give me a hand ?
The specs for the rip 40 are 16 mb ram and 80 mb storage capacity I have both manuals, minus RIP 40 utility software for PC but;
I am experiencing the following;
- the rip 40 hangs on LIr which is the activation of the LI2 interface on the rip,
- I can't get the imagesetter out of the panel mode. Does it mean that the imagesetter can not see the LI5 connection ?
Let me ask pls,
- How do I get to the Harlequin system inexepensively ?- Recently I downloaded some RIP 50 software from the print planet forum, can I upgrade the Rip 40 to Rip 50 or are they one and the same thing?
-On the rip 40 can I upgrade to higher storage capacity and memory probably use a CD drive for it ?

what is the dial on the front of the rip set to? I believe the 40 and 50 are completely different. faster processor and more memory bigger hard drive. you can't put in a cd drive. bigger hard drive yes but only certain hd's. did you get the manuals. you can set some things on the control panel, but I think if your LI 2 cable is okay it sets everything for you.

Help on Linotronic 330 and RIP 40

Thanks rbailleu, the dial is on 6 which should be for ethernet connection however I have gotten round the issue with the imagesetter on panel mode I can now get to the L mode.
The problem that persists is the problem on the RIP 40 it still hangs on the LIr status of booting when I switch off power it takes some time before it disappears.
Does any one have the utility softwares for the rip 40 because I only have for the rip 50 only pls assist in case I need to reinstall.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back