Help!! Which one to go with!

Hi Craig, you are right, x700 sure is advanced machine compare to 5501, I think 6501 is more close to x700 in term of speed, paper handling etc, and I am currently discussing 6501 options with KM, if everything going smooth, I will sign with KM soon. Good luck to me.:)

Definitely an apples to crab apples kinda comparison though. The 5501 is an office copier (fast plastic) and the 700 is an entry level production box. The 5501 will not perform in a production environment for the length of the lease in my opinion.

I hope you have good lock with it!!

Last edited:
Thanks chrisg42, sounds good, I am doing light volume at this stage but expect to increase, and I think 5501/6501 can fit well:)

Re 700, When they told me to hold the deal with KM few weeks ago wait for their "BIG" promotion, I was excited, under the impression they are going to match the deal, till I saw the new deal they offered to me, hmm:confused:... just the old quote but re-polished. well, business is business, I like Xerox and still want to stay with them if I could, but my heart told me to stay with Xerox, my wallet told me go to KM... at the end, wallet won.:p

The 5501 is a 6501 with reduced speed and limited options. We successfully used a 6500 for light production for 5 years, until we upgraded to an 8000. Whilst the 5501 is not from the latest generation (effectively replaced by 6000L), it could be a good buy if the fit is right.

If you are set on having a 700, tell Xerox you are pretty well decided on the 5501. I was offered a 770 last year at a fire-sale price in an attempt to lure me away from KM. With all suppliers of this type of kit, don't take "no" for an answer when it comes to price; keep pressing and you might be surprised.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back