HELP with a print problem!!!

Sheppy

I have this job that has us scratching our heads here. Customer supplied pdf looks great on screen but when printed on our Cannon Image Press 810 there is a weird choppiness in a background gradient. Anyone ever dealt with something like this before. Picture attached

Attachments

• photo8977.jpg
    photo8977.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 265
Are you talking about the silver spots that kinda look like embossing? Could be your fuser belt is dirty or one of the rollers is dirty causing deletions in toner when going through.

forgot to mention that I sent the file to another printer we do business with and he had the same issue.

You should post the original PDF file. Let's start by examining that. What it looks like on screen doesn't matter.

If I had a dime for every time I've heard “but it looks great on the screen” I'd be quite rich by now … :confused:

- Dov

No kidding! My response . . . I guess you'll need 5,000 monitors then! In fairness, people are more educated than a few years ago. And monitor quality has improved vastly. I used to have to ask; Is this a monitor you picked up at Walmart for $100.00? They were like early colour televisions. Still, it matters little what the screen looks like.
Now my pet peeve is those who proofread on a goddamn telephone . . . It's missing things . . . Eventually it comes out that they're trying to view on a phone. Always a top end i whatever mind you. Oh wait, I just got home and looked at it on my home computer.
Thanks Dov, for the opportunity to vent.

I would have the same question. Am I able to review the file. I could probably fix whatever the issue is and send the file back to you. Then I would be able to explain what it took to fix the file. Happy Help, B

It's a transparency issue. Probably a rgb photo over a cmyk background. Save a copy, convert all to cmyk and flatten it.

Printed fine on my Imagepress750... I would guess it's what gregbatch said. Usually I see stuff like this when I use a hotfolder, but it goes away when I print with the print driver instead.

The Device-N shading was causing your problem. It works perfectly after Normalising with Prinergy without flattening. The Device-N shading converts to a process colour shading

gregbatch you nailed it. Converted everything to CMYK and flattened it. Looks awesome!! Thank you everyone for your input!

Honestly, once you converted all to CMYK your RIP probably would have handled it fine. The flattering was just a little insurance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back