High Volume B&W printer with Efi Fiery Command Workstation?

Duncan Hyde

Hi Forum,

Looking for a 100ppm+ B&W Production level Printer with a good server to impose and setup my jobs like i do with Command Workstation on our Color Xerox's, we are using a a Sharp 904 B&W but cant impose or print like i do with CWS.

Are their other brands other than Xerox that i should be looking at?

Thanks - Dunks

Well some of the big names are Canon, Ricoh, Xerox, HP, Konica. Not sure what they offer for what you are looking for, but I am sure their sales people would love to chat with you about how you can spend your money with them.

I currently run 4 digital presses, 3 colour (all Fiery driven) and a mono Xerox D110 with a Freeflow server, the printer is great, very reliable and the server is OK but wouldn't use Freeflow again, Fiery/Command is awesome. have a Look at the Ricoh 8110 mono press, I recently saw the machine at The Print Show, we run a C7100 which we have had now for 4 months and we love it. Have to say after running Xerox for last 6 years, I'm quickly becoming a Ricoh convert.

Xerox's digital presses are pretty great. Take a look at the D136, and maybe the D125.

What is your volume currently and how much is that growing?

We had a D95 which was a good machine, we didn't get the RIP with it, for black and white work, we can do our impositions downstream in indesign a lot easier and save the cash.

Look at the solid blacks from the D136. The samples we received had an orange peel look, not smooth at all.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back