how can i produce PPF files for Heidelberd SM74

razvan

Hi guys,

Recently our printshop purchased a 2003 SM74, with prepress interface. Now my press operators ask me for CIP3/PPF files. Anyone can tell me what i need to / how can i produce this files? (except buying a Prinect station from Heidelberg)

thanks

do you have heidelberg prepress equipment. if you have almost any workflow you can create cip3 or a low res version on the plate image. prepress will make a press ready file from the low res graphic.

Then you can use the Brisque sequence called "Ink Pro" to create ppf files. But additionally you need another tool called "Prinect Prepress Interface" from Heidelberg to convert the files from Ink pro to use them with the CP2000 of the SM74.

Glad to. Just send me the .ps and I will return it as a ppf. The only thing that may be a problem are the ink key settings.

You can download a demo version of the software at Excourse.

Alan

Xitron offers a program called KeySetter. We can either produce a simple PPF file or provide a complete ink key presetting system for your press. I sent you a private message with additional information. You may contact me directly at [email protected].

PrePressInterface

PrePressInterface

Hi guys,

Recently our printshop purchased a 2003 SM74, with prepress interface. Now my press operators ask me for CIP3/PPF files. Anyone can tell me what i need to / how can i produce this files? (except buying a Prinect station from Heidelberg)

thanks

We may provide you a version of PrePressInterface 3.2 for 4000 Euro if needed. If you are interested contact us directly. [email protected]

InkReady from Ultimate Technographics. Ask for a free trial license.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Tech.
raymond @ imposition.com

Thank you all guys, solved the problem - alan's way. :D

We have been using press percent since 2002. It works A OK. We use it for 3 presses from 3 different manufactures. Very easy to use, can set up separate auto workflow for each press. Cost less than $300.00. You can spend 30 times more but I highly doubt if it will work any better.

Green, you're so right. First time using it, took me 10 minutes to install, setup keys, paper and export PPF.
... oh, and te pressmen were satisfied (wich is like Santa coming to town :D)
We have been using press percent since 2002. It works A OK. We use it for 3 presses from 3 different manufactures. Very easy to use, can set up separate auto workflow for each press. Cost less than $300.00. You can spend 30 times more but I highly doubt if it will work any better.

Does anyone have information as to how to connect Heidelberg CP2000 to network? Just bought a used Heidi SM74 with CP2000 and Heidelberg is no help!

Thanks,

Marc

if you have SM 74 and Prepress Interface, you need to verify in CP2000 center is active the preset link or instant gate licence, it's necesary to transfer data on line to SM 74 from prepress interface or 3er vendors. Also you need generate PPF files in your Pre Press with ink pro if you have Brisque.

The PPF/CIP3 files are generated in the PrePress area, Do you have some RIP?, ask your provider for the respective CIP3 License. Now in the Press Rom side you have Prepress Interface only you need to verify in CP2000 if is active Instat Gate or Preset Link license to conect it in the network.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back