How did we do it.

Green Printer

Registered Users
How did we get our information before a forum such as this? Now adays you go on one of these forums and behold you get free information. It's up to you to decide if the info is truthfull. Remember if it's on the internet it must be true. HA HA HA HA

Trusted saleman, talked to service people, read most of the printing monthy publications, talked with other printers and shared horror stories, visited showrooms, customer installs. It was quite an intense learning curve.

How did we get our information before a forum such as this?
As a press operator I had the privilege to ask my father or elder cousins who were already in this profession. There aren't many generous operators who share their experience and knowledge with others.
This forum has a great contribution in my experience and career. I learned a lot from here.

Last edited:
Knowledge.

Gentlemen, "Chance favours the prepared mind"

Knowledge is most simply obtained by extensive reading of Trade Magazines, Technical Journals, Books and Reports.

However, regularly attending conferences, short courses and seminars is also important.

The trait that is most helpful is a burning curiosity to know how things work.

Regards, Alois

I started learning as a sophmore in HS from a wonderful teacher who recently retired garnering many awards for his graphic arts classrooms. Since then it has been mostly by making friends in the industry, sharing information and methods, reading, and of course . . . doing things wrong!!!

Gentlemen,

Why make a "Virtue" out of doing things wrong? ......... WHEN we should be doing "Things Riight First Time " every time !

Regard, Alois

Gentlemen,

Why make a "Virtue" out of doing things wrong? ......... WHEN we should be doing "Things Riight First Time " every time !

Regard, Alois

I wasn't making trying to make a virtue of doing things wrong but stating that it was a very good way of learning and one that is practiced every day . . . So tell me, before you were so "knowledgable" and were still learning the trade . . . you didn't make any mistakes??????? and more importantly . . . if you did, did you learn from them??????

Alois . . . just how long ago did you start in this business . . . did you know Mr. Gutenberg personally?????

Gentlemen,

I began my 6 year Apprenticeship in 1956 --- no I did not know Mr Gutenberg, just a relic from the "Stone Age "

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

I began my 6 year Apprenticeship in 1956 --- no I did not know Mr Gutenberg, just a relic from the "Stone Age "

Regards, Alois

Well . . you got me beat by 13 years . . . my hats off to you sir . . . . you were a witness to the day of the true craftsman . . . .

I'll be the first to say I might be wrong, but I dont need the answers to any questions to suggest what it might be. When we had our (used) sm74 installed we saw lots of what it looks like in the photos. (Dont get me started on the company that we contracted on the purchase. Never again. They installed orange transfer jackets.. had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. Swapped them out for the normal blues, and now on the green frog jackets.. that sort of marking has been gone since we removed the orange jackets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back