How much should I charge for output on a digital duplicator Ricoh HQ9000

kevinphila

Hope everyone had a good Christmas

Our department recently purchased a Ricoh HQ9000 digital duplicator and I was wondering what the going rate I should charge customers per letter size impression. We are a inplant and charge back our offices, but I am not sure what is fair when it comes to the pricing. I charge .075 fper impression in black and white on 20 lb stock.

I ran a couple of jobs on it in Reflex blue ink and I wasnt sure what to charge per impression. Should I charge for the master too?

Any ideas would help, my next step work be too call a quick printer and see what they charge for the same thing.

BTW every Print Shop should have one of these to bang out low volume envelope job its made our work flow so much better.

Thanks
Kevin

The color ink is about 20% (I'm going on memory) more than the black ink, however the master price is the same whether you are printing in black or color. I would charge more for the use of color, because you may not use the inks as often and there is a shelf life, thus you can cover your costs incase you may how to discard out of date ink.

If the run length is less than 500 I would charge for the master, that's just my opinion, I don't think you'll every get any grief for that. I agree the HQ9000 give awesome quality for "need it now" prints.

Hope this helps!

Art

print4pay Hotel's "MFP Solutions Blog"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back