How to activate the output tiff in Creo Trendsetter 800II?

Hello there. I'm new here and want your help guys. We have a Creo Trendsetter 800II and using Prinergy Evo, we dont know how to activate the setting in "Output tiff". What are the procedures to output the 1-bit tiff file in Prinergy Evo? We hope that you can give us some advice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
1 bit tiff output is typically an option on workflow, your best bet would be to contact Kodak.
Regards,
Mark

Depending on the cost of the TIFF output for the EVO you may be able to purchase a stand alone RIP to output TIFF files like CTP Software Harlequin TIFF RIP CTP Separation Software 1bit 1-bit TIFF RIP Platesetter

Best to output the TIFF files from the same system outputting to other devices if possible (less chance for discrepancies in the files). Does the Trendsetter have the ability to accept TIFF files and is the Trendsetter being driven from the EVO?

Change your output process template settings to output as a tif. You do that in the process template editor.

If you are referring to the output 1 bitt tiff in "Print Console" it is an option that needs to be purchased from Kodak, then the license needs to be updated with a proper serial #.
If you are using EVO you already have a direct connection and will not need a 1 bit tiff output.

Thank you guys, I was referring to Print Console. The "Ouput Tiff" option in print console was locked.

We are from the Philippines.

Is their a Kodak guy here can tell us, how much the price to activate the "Ouput Tiff"?

How can I contact Kodak directly, without passing to the assigned distributor here in the Philippines? Here, we experienced a lot of problem when it comes to the service with Kodak. Can someone tell to Kodak that their distributor here is not good and with very very very lousy service.

We are not against with KODAK, but to the distributor that they assigned here in the Philippines.
Hope you guys understand us hows the feeling of being neglected. Without service coming from the
Kodak distributor. Asking for their help and ignoring.

Last edited:
Go on the web ; find KODAK main web site and send a message to the managing director about your problems in your country.I hope you will get help as being a Kodak user.

FYI,
Tiff output option was in Print Console up to 3.x versions.
For Print Console 4.x the tiff license has been moved to Evo. It means Evo can accept 1-bit Tiff files and stream them to Print Console/ Trendsetter

Leo,
We have a service agreement and maintain our equipment, that's not the problem:

We contact Kodak/Creo remote support who insist it’s software problem they can resolve, try to fix it over the phone, ask repeatedly for a field engineer as we suspect it is a hardware problem, guy comes out and works with remote support, points to air conditioning - this actually happened - and explains this is not a problem Kodak/Creo is responsible for.

We continue to have the same problem, call Kodak/Creo again, guy comes back to fix same problem, orders wrong part etc…only a couple field engineers in our area consistently solve problems the first trip.

If we say it’s the SAME PROBLEM, remote or field technicians and managers point to the customer as being difficult, then support gets worse! Anymore we just say we have a problem or ask other printers for solutions.

We do this dance all the time for months at a time. Why do we have to go through all of this just to get a bad part replaced?

Our sales rep said he tried to get better support from our manager and his boss but neither one are helpful and both complain about customers. Our Kodak sales rep recommends not upgrading after working with these managers....no surprise here. Good support from Kodak/Creo depends on your location and the managers and field engineers in your area:

Kodak support...are you kidding me?

We are in the same area as KW in the US and our Kodak support is poor as well. SUPPORT GETS WORSE WHEN WE MENTION ITS THE SAME PROBLEM. The managers in our area are completely ineffective. ASKING FOR THEIR HELP AND IGNORING - THIS HAPPENS TO US! Same ongoing problems, same finger pointing...NO ONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY....hope you get your problems solved.....eventually. Apparently, Kodak support is poor across the continents......

We are in the same area as KW in the US and our Kodak support is poor as well. SUPPORT GETS WORSE WHEN WE MENTION ITS THE SAME PROBLEM. The managers in our area are completely ineffective. ASKING FOR THEIR HELP AND IGNORING - THIS HAPPENS TO US! Same ongoing problems, same finger pointing...NO ONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY....hope you get your problems solved.....eventually. Apparently, Kodak support is poor across the continents......

Was Scitex or CreoScitex or Creo support any better?

PACH,

Since you asked;

Creo has the poorest support due to finger pointing.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that there are many talented and dedicated Creo people, but its basically a company culture of finger pointing.

Prinergy has the worst support, especially when it comes to hardware, of any RIP we have ever had and its due to finger pointing. Remote support works on the symptoms of failing hardware instead of replacing the bad part resulting in ongoing production problems for us.

At Creo, there always seems to be an OVER EMPHASIS on Prinergy software. Developers typically do not affect our day to day operations, including prinergy developers, can be anywhere and frequently are:

Book Review: "Start-Up Nation" - WSJ.com

There aren't any trained hardware field engineers for Prinergy Dell servers. Creo doesn't seem to understand that it's always the field engineers that diagnose and replace bad parts quickly that keep printers up and running. Its been my experience that the Creo field engineers that diagnose problems by symptoms are successful - most do not troubleshoot this way.

Fortunately, the Trendsetter rarely has problems but whether its one trip or many trips depends on the expertise of the local field engineer. Overall Creo support is regional and depends on the area managers. Clearly we're in an area of poor support....

If a problem becomes a recurring problem, that results in the ULTIMATE finger pointing - the customer is the problem.

Prinergy and the Trendsetter were a joint venture with Creo and Heidelberg. That's something Creo people rarely acknowledge. Like a lot of printers, I never heard of Creo before Heidelberg worked with them.

Scitex deserves an A for effort.

Heidelberg expert support works like clockwork.

Kodak (before Kodak bought Creo) always provided good support and at times went the extra mile.

Kodak typically doesn't let anything interfere with customer service or consumable sales. This will be interesting......but I TRULY EXPECT it's only a matter of time for Creo people to change their ways....and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

That's my 2 cents based on my experience.

Last edited:
PACH,

Since you asked;

Creo has the poorest support due to finger pointing.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that there are many talented and dedicated Creo people, but its basically a company culture of finger pointing.

Prinergy has the worst support, especially when it comes to hardware, of any RIP we have ever had and its due to finger pointing. Remote support works on the symptoms of failing hardware instead of replacing the bad part resulting in ongoing production problems for us.

At Creo, there always seems to be an OVER EMPHASIS on Prinergy software. Developers typically do not affect our day to day operations, including prinergy developers, can be anywhere and frequently are:

Book Review: "Start-Up Nation" - WSJ.com

There aren't any trained hardware field engineers for Prinergy Dell servers. Creo doesn't seem to understand that it's always the field engineers that diagnose and replace bad parts quickly that keep printers up and running. Its been my experience that the Creo field engineers that diagnose problems by symptoms are successful - most do not troubleshoot this way.

Fortunately, the Trendsetter rarely has problems but whether its one trip or many trips depends on the expertise of the local field engineer. Overall Creo support is regional and depends on the area managers. Clearly we're in an area of poor support....

If a problem becomes a recurring problem, that results in the ULTIMATE finger pointing - the customer is the problem.

Prinergy and the Trendsetter were a joint venture with Creo and Heidelberg. That's something Creo people rarely acknowledge. Like a lot of printers, I never heard of Creo before Heidelberg worked with them.

Scitex deserves an A for effort.

Heidelberg expert support works like clockwork.

Kodak (before Kodak bought Creo) always provided good support and at times went the extra mile.

Kodak typically doesn't let anything interfere with customer service or consumable sales. This will be interesting......but I TRULY EXPECT it's only a matter of time for Creo people to change their ways....and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

That's my 2 cents based on my experience.

Thanks JB. Very honest reply to my question. Has your service improved since Kodak took over?

Looks like the Kodak plan is to reduce support and continues to provide more testimonials:

Kodak support now leaves printers with only 2 of 4 presses printing, and since its a recurring problem looks like support gets worse:

http://printplanet.com/forums/computer-plate/20449-ctp-problem-no-one-world-can-fix-any-takers/2

Due to very poor support some companies are "Delegating Prinergy to the trash heap (dumped on to another company) along with the manager who made the decision, we never looked back."

http://printplanet.com/forums/kodak-systems/21078-prinergy-did-you-over-buy-under-buy

Hello there. I'm new here and want your help guys. We have a Creo Trendsetter 800II and using Prinergy Evo, we dont know how to activate the setting in "Output tiff". What are the procedures to output the 1-bit tiff file in Prinergy Evo? We hope that you can give us some advice. Thanks in advance.

The simple answer is: your PrinergyEvo's license is limited - you can only use the functions of a system that are "open". I guess the "TIFF Output" option is greyed out isn't it?
Open PrinergyEvo Administrator - click on License tab - if there is no TIFF downloader option purchased then that's the reason. For some installations there is no need to output TIFFs (HiRes) - Direct Connection is used instead.
If you need that option ask Kodak for an offer.
Regards

Gig0 answered the question back on page 1.
Change process plan output to tiff and define path to where you want it to be written.

Roger

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back