How to calculate cost of ink and paper per square Ft. on EPSON 9900

Duncan Hyde

Hi Forum, we are revising our costs to enter into a new MIS, but is there a formula to efficiently calculate cost per square foot of paper and the ink used?

We normally stock 350Ml carts. and mainly use semigloss photo paper for offset proofing on a 44" roll.

I checked the usage menu on the printer to get an idea of material used but how do you work that into an estimating formula for new jobs.

Regards,
Duncan

Duncan, In the maintenance menu under test print<job information you can print out the actual ink usage for the last 9 jobs you have printed.(This is from memory, but I have seen it.) The measurement is in hundredths of a milliliter. You probably need to allow for waste tanks and maintenance items like the wiper, but those are pretty cheap over the cost of many jobs.

Duncan, my expectation from the Accura MIS is that both substrate and ink should be calculated by area if that is the users requirement. Have you contacted your MIS support?

P.S. Epson offer an ink cost calculator app for smart phones. Verify with the previously mentioned front panel reports.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back