How to Group Paths in Pitstop Pro

assman

Hi Sir,
How do I group a selection of paths so that I can simply copy,paste and move to other areas of the page? Thanks for any tips and help.

I don't think there is a group feature. You'll have to use the selection tool and shift select the items you want to move as a group then use the move tool to move them together.

Hi,
I can selection tool to select all paths in the logo, however if I accidentally click somewhere then I am unable to select all the logo paths again as there are other paths in the background. Pls adv.Thanks in advance.

The only advice I can give in that case is to be very careful selecting objects. Unfortunately, the way you're doing it is probably the only way to do it. Sorry there's not an easier answer, but sometimes, the only way is the hard way.

Moving Items in Pitstop

Moving Items in Pitstop

Make sure you view in wire frame - To see what you have grabbed, Also good to switch back and forth between views.
Check out Neo from Enfocus. It's the Sh#t

One way I accomplish this is to use the Enfocus Hide Selection tool - that is, I grab thing i DON"T want, go under edit - select Enfocus Hide Selection tool - then select more items, hide them - untill all i have left if what i want - i then select that, copy / paste or move it - then - under the Edit menu, select Enfocus Show All...

hope that helps!

There is no grouping function in PitStop. Using Michaels and Ox's tips are the best workable solution.

One way I accomplish this is to use the Enfocus Hide Selection tool - that is, I grab thing i DON"T want, go under edit - select Enfocus Hide Selection tool - then select more items, hide them - untill all i have left if what i want - i then select that, copy / paste or move it - then - under the Edit menu, select Enfocus Show All...

hope that helps!

LOL that is so back in the old days of illustrator (AI88) thank's for the nostalgia ;)

I think you're right. Mention that with a Mac 512Ke, Mac Plus or an SE (even better, a Classic) and you get these strange blank stares like "you're that old?", "how old are you again?" or "A Mac what?".

Hi Sir,
I need your help to guide me how to open the WireFrame View and Hide SelectionTool so that I can accomplish the grouping paths task. Thanks a lot.

Hi Sir,
I need your help to guide me how to open the WireFrame View and Hide SelectionTool so that I can accomplish the grouping paths task. Thanks a lot.

for the wireframe view, go to the Plugins menu, drag down to Enfocus View Modes, and over to wirefreame. Or, click on the wireframe icon in your toolbar (a box with an X in it).

for the Hide Selection Tool, it's the same menu. Once you make a selection, go to the Plugins menu, drag down to Hide Selection.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back