How to maintain Indesign Transparency Flattener preset

gumbylives

Hi,
I cannot seem to find out how to keep my transparency flatterner preset to either medium or high resolution. It keeps going back to low each time I open Indesign CS4. Is there a way to keep it so I don't have to change it each time I want to output a pdf?
Any help would be appreciated.
cheers
Gumby

File > Adobe PDF Presets > (Select the PDF template you use) > Edit > Advanced > Transparency Flattener > High Resolution

Then output using that PDF setting all the time, you probably have to make you own PDF setting up to be able to edit which flattener to use. Then set that as your default.

Instructions are for CS3 so may vary.

nope

nope

Sorry but it's greyed out and I cannot change it. I already have a preset made and when I go to edit it, the transparency is greyed out.
So what shall I do?

What PDF version is the preset using? Transparency is only for Acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4) or higher.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
The transparency flattener will be greyed out for PDF 1.5 and above, since no flattening occurs. You have to invoke flattening by choosing PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4) compatibility in order to make changes to the flattener.

If you build a PDF preset with PDF 1.3 compatiblity, your setting will hold every time you select that preset.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back