How to print on a piece that has been printed digitally

ckk0813

Please help ! I have 20k postcards that I forgot to print my Indicia stamp.
I was hoping to run them back thru. When reprinting it jams everytime. Is there a setting here I am missing. I have selected preprinted paper but that didnt help.
It is 14pt coated. fully covered but it is white where my Indicia goes.

Would love to try and help you - give us more information about the machine and the size of the postcard. 14 pt UV coated? 14 pt aqueous? 14 pt digital gloss?

A few ideas...
  • Rotate the job 180deg so the original trailing edge becomes the leading edge
  • Use the straightest available paper path
  • Let the job stand a couple of days, to completely de-static
What machine are you using?

did you already cut the postcards down to size? I know my machines would have issues running something as small as 8.5x5.5. If so, maybe rotate 90*?

Do you have an inkjet that you can run the indicia through?

and, obviously, run it gray instead of color to save a little money

Been there, do you have access to a meter machine? I get that these aren't metered since you're printing the endicia digitally, but in my previous experience my digital machines HATE running postcard size even if they can do preprinted digital.

Most mail machines have expensive red meter ink and less expensive black ink for addressing/indicias. You may be able to set your indicia up on a meter and run them through that way. I've had to do that in the past.

If you're dead set on running them thru the digital, please help us help you by replying with the additional details people are asking for.

Are they addressed already?
If not you can add the Indicia while inkjetting. It won't be as pretty but, it beats 20k clicks.
If you have an inkjet mail system or a vendor who has one that's the best way to add the indica but, your sort will be reversed. That shouldn't matter unless you sorted for carrier route order.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back