How to refill a Ricoh X Type staple cartridge

bcr

So my printer has been warning about low staples for a while so I thought I'd proactively sort it before I'm on leave.

I ordered a replacement staple holder and staples, but I also ordered a box full of just the staples to refill the empty holder to use next time.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the current staples out of the holder and the manual refers only to a video on the printer, viewable only when the "replace staples" message appears. Handy.

Does anyone know how to get them out of the holder?

IMG_20230926_154527.jpg

So my printer has been warning about low staples for a while so I thought I'd proactively sort it before I'm on leave.

I ordered a replacement staple holder and staples, but I also ordered a box full of just the staples to refill the empty holder to use next time.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the current staples out of the holder and the manual refers only to a video on the printer, viewable only when the "replace staples" message appears. Handy.

Does anyone know how to get them out of the holder?
This looks similar to the type T. See video here

Reactions: bcr
So I asked the engineer and he said you can't remove the staple cartridge from the holder until all the staples have been used.

So I asked the engineer and he said you can't remove the staple cartridge from the holder until all the staples have been used.

This here, if you are really desperate to change them early you should find a tab on the bottom of the holder that if you pry downward gently, it should release the cartridge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back