How to shortcut to a Fixup in Acrobat (2020/DC) -

bcr

I've created a single fixup under 'pages'. I want to have it as as a shortcut on the top toolbar in Adobe but i can't figure out how to get it there. Is this possible?

Also - how to create a droplet from it? When i go to create droplet i can't find it on the list of fixups.

Thanks all.

IMHO you can't do such a deep customization. The only way to make it more comfortable is to set the Preflight Panel icon present in the top row, then set your preferred fixups as Favorites (a small flag is shown in the Fixup's row). Droplets live on the Desktop (or anywhere in your file system) and consume documents like a hotfolder.

Reactions: bcr
IMHO you can't do such a deep customization. The only way to make it more comfortable is to set the Preflight Panel icon present in the top row, then set your preferred fixups as Favorites (a small flag is shown in the Fixup's row). Droplets live on the Desktop (or anywhere in your file system) and consume documents like a hotfolder.
that's a shame. it feels like such an obvious thing to be able to do.

Separately, for the droplets, i can't figure out how to select my custom fixups to create a droplet - i don't see them on the list.

You select the fixup and then in the upper right corner of the window click options and then select Create Droplet.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.21.36 AM.jpg

Reactions: bcr
One other trick is that the preflight panel supports multiple libraries. You can find them at the top of the preflight profile window. You can click that window and make a new - empty library.
Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 20.51.23.png

Using "Manage libraries" (same menu), you can then copy only the profiles, checks or fixups you are interested in into this new library. Much cleaner environment.

You can watch the much longer explanation here - this is about callas pdfToolbox, but that is the same technology as the preflight plug-in in Acrobat and it functions (largely) the same way for this part of the solution:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back