Hozz this machine from KODAK?

nshadab

Hello Friends,

Would you plz offer your expert comment for

KODAK Trendsetter 400 (830 nm Thermal Imaging, Semi Automatic, EXTERNAL DRUM)
WITH
GECKO 85T Processor

Or should i opt for KODAK T860 / T1250 Plate Processors?

waiting for your expert comments.....

Thanks in advance.

This is to add, we are going to start a production house....
So most of the our customers would be presses. and quality is not their first priority.

This is to add, we are going to start a production house....
So most of the our customers would be presses. and quality is not their first priority.

Obviously I'm biased, but I'm sure you'll find the reputation of the Trendsetter to be excellent. It's a solid work-horse that will last for many years, with outstanding quality.

As for the processor - choose the plate type you are going to use first. That's a MUCH more important decision. From there, choose the processor that works best with THAT plate. (most plates can work in multiple processor types these days, but often they'll work best in a certain type)

Kevin.

Obviously I'm biased, but I'm sure you'll find the reputation of the Trendsetter to be excellent. It's a solid work-horse that will last for many years, with outstanding quality.

As for the processor - choose the plate type you are going to use first. That's a MUCH more important decision. From there, choose the processor that works best with THAT plate. (most plates can work in multiple processor types these days, but often they'll work best in a certain type)

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your suggestions, i must expects that when i saw @KODAK with your name.. just kiddin...

Actually my vendor suggested me to use KODAK PLATES. So would you mind commenting on that portion as well....

Gecko 85T with Kodak Thermal Plates...

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your suggestions, i must expects that when i saw @KODAK with your name.. just kiddin...

Actually my vendor suggested me to use KODAK PLATES. So would you mind commenting on that portion as well....

Gecko 85T with Kodak Thermal Plates...

I understand - I would never have said they're bad of course... but if I thought that, I simply wouldn't have commented in the first place.

Do you know which plate type they're recommending? To answer your question properly, I'd need to know a little bit more:

- what type of printing do you do?
- what's your highest screening?
- what annual plate volume do you use (square meters, or # and size of plates)
- do you know which Kodak plate they recommend?
- where are you located?

(you can send that by private message or email if you don't want to post it publicly)

We don't usually sell the Gecko processor ourselves, mostly because we have others under our brand that fulfill the same needs. It's a decent machine, and qualified for some of our plates, but not all. The data above will help me confirm it's a good fit for your needs.

Kevin.

The Trendsetter is a very good device. I would also consider any of the Screen boxes. Either way, you owe it to yourself to take a look at the Agfa Azura TS plate. No processor necessary, just a gum unit. For my money the best plate on the market. Benefits of an environmental plate and the performance of conventional ctp.

If you going to be a production house, any reason why you are not looking at the TS800. You will get 28 x 40 plates customers too.

As kwalker mentioned check out the screen boxes too.

If you going to be a production house, any reason why you are not looking at the TS800. You will get 28 x 40 plates customers too.

As kwalker mentioned check out the screen boxes too.

yes i am researching on that. Thats really a great advise...as most the OFFSET in my city works on Planita,

do you own any CTP machine presently? if yes which one and why?

I understand - I would never have said they're bad of course... but if I thought that, I simply wouldn't have commented in the first place.

Do you know which plate type they're recommending? To answer your question properly, I'd need to know a little bit more:

- what type of printing do you do?
- what's your highest screening?
- what annual plate volume do you use (square meters, or # and size of plates)
- do you know which Kodak plate they recommend?
- where are you located?

(you can send that by private message or email if you don't want to post it publicly)

We don't usually sell the Gecko processor ourselves, mostly because we have others under our brand that fulfill the same needs. It's a decent machine, and qualified for some of our plates, but not all. The data above will help me confirm it's a good fit for your needs.

Kevin.

Kevin, thanks for your input.

I am working closely with KODAK people. And tomm i have a visit to their demo center. Then i'll ask these questions to them and will put in here....i'll put them public..so if anyone other looking for such information may be benefited of.

wait for a day or 2, i'll update the thread with required info.

Kevin, thanks for your input.

I am working closely with KODAK people. And tomm i have a visit to their demo center. Then i'll ask these questions to them and will put in here....i'll put them public..so if anyone other looking for such information may be benefited of.

wait for a day or 2, i'll update the thread with required info.

Make sure to say hi to the Kodak team there for me then - they're a great bunch and will take good care of you. I was supposed to be there later this month to speak at a conference, but unfortunately have to cancel (a colleague will take my place).

Kevin.

Make sure to say hi to the Kodak team there for me then - they're a great bunch and will take good care of you. I was supposed to be there later this month to speak at a conference, but unfortunately have to cancel (a colleague will take my place).

Kevin.

Aha!..i missed a chance to meet you out there.

here are the other details:

This is to to mention, we are planning to start a PRODUCTION HOUSE.

- what type of printing do you do? - Generally my customers are doing offset, with single - 4 colors. Some of them are publishers as well.

- what's your highest screening? 2400 dpi, with 170-175 lpi.

- what annual plate volume do you use (square meters, or # and size of plates). Presently we are not doing any plate, but with our research 200-300 plates/day, of different sizes. From small to 28"x40"

- do you know which Kodak plate they recommend? - Kodak Trillian SP Thermal, Electra XD, Sword Eltra

- Where are you located? - INDIA

I have one more question apart from it, which processor is good:
1) KODAK T860
2) Gecko 85T

In the India market, press conditions are generally pretty challenging. Most printers are using alcohol substitutes - and pretty harsh ones at that - and papers can also wear at plates pretty quickly.

For a trade shop serving multiple printers, you need a plate that's "bullet proof" for many different environments. Sword Ultra has been our lead plate for that type of application for a long time (Sword Excel in the USA), but Trillian SP is even more robust in that respect. I think the team in India might not be pushing Trillian as hard right now because it's fairly new to them (we're just starting the first few accounts in India now), but it's our newest and most advanced plate right now unless you need 10-micron FM screening.

See this YouTube video for a bit more info with regards to Trillian SP in the India market specifically: YouTube - KODAK TRILLIAN SP Chemical Resistance Demonstrated

(EDIT: FYI, the green plate in the video is Sword Ultra)

Electra XD is a higher resolution plate (10 micron FM), but doesn't have the same chemical resistance as Sword Ultra or Trillian SP.

So - either Sword or Trillian should easily cover your needs.

For processors - the two you mention are about the same overall, but we only officially support the Kodak T860 machine.

Kevin.

Aha!..i missed a chance to meet you out there.

here are the other details:

This is to to mention, we are planning to start a PRODUCTION HOUSE.

- what type of printing do you do? - Generally my customers are doing offset, with single - 4 colors. Some of them are publishers as well.

- what's your highest screening? 2400 dpi, with 170-175 lpi.

- what annual plate volume do you use (square meters, or # and size of plates). Presently we are not doing any plate, but with our research 200-300 plates/day, of different sizes. From small to 28"x40"

- do you know which Kodak plate they recommend? - Kodak Trillian SP Thermal, Electra XD, Sword Eltra

- Where are you located? - INDIA

I have one more question apart from it, which processor is good:
1) KODAK T860
2) Gecko 85T

Last edited:
See this YouTube video for a bit more info with regards to Trillian SP in the India market specifically: YouTube - KODAK TRILLIAN SP Chemical Resistance Demonstrated

(EDIT: FYI, the green plate in the video is Sword Ultra)

Electra XD is a higher resolution plate (10 micron FM), but doesn't have the same chemical resistance as Sword Ultra or Trillian SP.

So - either Sword or Trillian should easily cover your needs.

For processors - the two you mention are about the same overall, but we only officially support the Kodak T860 machine.

Kevin.

I m impressed watching that video....

Trillian...hmmmm...good one...let me complete my research as well...then will offer a genuine customer feedback here....

many thanks Kevin for all your help, and time devoted to this thread.

I m going to buy kodak 800plateseter, with Gecko85T processor.
i'd really like to thank you for all your help, making this easy for me...

thanks kevin and other member @ printplanet.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back