humidifiers

Bobk

does anyone have recommendations for a reasonably priced room humidifier for a digital copier area? The room is approximately 1000sqf and we are running Ricoh units.

we use aircare Evaporative Humidifier For 3,600 Sq. Ft. 5.7-Gal. sold by homedepot, about same room size like yours, so far so good

I use an Aircare at home. Mine is a big bucket with 4 wicks. It works great in a split level 1500sq ft home. It doesn't have a fill bottle, you just pour water in the top. It's a lot easier than the units with bottles.

we use aircare Evaporative Humidifier For 3,600 Sq. Ft. 5.7-Gal. sold by homedepot, about same room size like yours, so far so good
thanks
I use an Aircare at home. Mine is a big bucket with 4 wicks. It works great in a split level 1500sq ft home. It doesn't have a fill bottle, you just pour water in the top. It's a lot easier than the units with bottles.
thanks

I used and really liked a similar Essick Air/Aircare humidifier. I actually thought having the bottles to fill was helpful. A very important thing to have is a humidistat on the humidifier, so you can set the RH level and it will maintain the humidity. Also run it over night so you maintain a constant humidity. If you can keep your paper in the same conditions so that it is acclimated to the temp and humidity when put into the machine.

Also I would highly recommend getting a temperature and humidity logger to monitor the conditions. It is very helpful data to have. These range from $20-$150 depending on how advanced you want to get. I'd recommend something with a history so if you run into issues you can look back and see what changed.

Another relatively low investment is painting the room with a vapor barrier paint, this prevents loss of humidity through the walls.

I did all of these things at a previous shop and it improved our consistency and saved a lot of time and money on recalibration and reprints.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back