HW776-20 Interface card

tensor

Hi
My Hyphen rip computer got knocked out with a lightning strike and it took out the interface card as well. The rip is built around the HW776-20 card.
If anyone has a HW776-20 card laying around, let me know. They are no longer available new, but I think they were used on a number of the Harlequin rips as well.
Thanks
Greg

Xitron and Highwater were owned by the same parent company for a couple of years. When Highwater was sold off Xitron kept some of the rights to the interfaces and rip support.

Yes, but that fact did not make old HW PCBs compatible with Navigator.
I've never heard Xitron had old HW PCBs on stock, but heard of Xitron's promo actions aka "we will buy your old RIP and give you our new one with some discount", not sure that's still in power.

HW776-20 Card

HW776-20 Card

Hi Greg

I can help you you can email me your contact number to [email protected] or call me 1-604-537-8187

I haver the HW776-20 Card you are looking for

Regards

Shaf

Found the card. Now have trouble with the cable. The cable I got with my used Apogee rip had the cable plus the adaptor for the interface card. It was supposed to have come from an Accuset. When I set it up with my Accuset the imaging was coming out with jagged appearance. I changed back to the old cable I had running with the Proset 9400 and it fixed the problem. Now I have the 9400 rip running again I tried the new cable and it sets the exposure on the 9400 to 0 whenever it runs a job. Not helpful. Change to the old cable and it works fine.

I checked the new cable with a multimeter and there are no breaks in the wiring.

Are these 37 pin cables specially made for imagesetters or are they available at general computer supplies? And if so what are they referred as?

Thanks
Greg

Nope, unavailable at computer shops :(
99% you have broken wire(s) in that cable despite your succesful multimeter check. You have to repeat the same angles and shape of cable when check it.
A few times I had a success to resolve the problem (temporarely) like yours just making the cable straight (in case of Accuset - making a big loop) close to cable plugs.

Last edited:
Hi
My Hyphen rip computer got knocked out with a lightning strike and it took out the interface card as well. The rip is built around the HW776-20 card.
If anyone has a HW776-20 card laying around, let me know. They are no longer available new, but I think they were used on a number of the Harlequin rips as well.
Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,
I have HW 777-30 interface. Are you interested?
Leo.

If you cannot find HW776

If you cannot find HW776

Hi,

if you don't find the required HW776 card it might be worth thinking of buying a substitute for your RIP. Brandnew, with warranty. I can sell you FOUNDER EAGLE RIP, latest version
4.3 PDF1.7, incl interface card, speedway cable, cdrom, and software protection dongle.
All you need is a PC running XP, W2000, or W2003.
Price only 1.540,00 EUR + shipping

+ 49 176 23603 466

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back