Hw776-20 pci card - one mystery

zronix

friends,
A month ago, I bought a PCI-CARD HW 476 that came with a 6.0 SoftRIP HW Torrent.
I'm in São Paulo - Brazil and this board came from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
I installed the card, as the plugin and rip tutorial provider in Windows XP SP3 - The result was that the board gave several communication problems, sometimes not start work began and when printed images wrong, fault lines, blank pages. ..
I talked to a serviceman Agfa he directed me to install Windows Professional - The results were the same.
-I tested on 3 different PCs each with three PCI slots, all slots were tested, the negative result persisted.
-Installed drivers and other other plugins and outcome persisted.
- I installed Navigator 7 and 9 with plugins and its owed ​​nothing to produce a decent film.
Now is where the 776-20
I asked to change the PCI Card
We made all procedures with the new card, and the results were the same.
The Agfa serviceman came here with an old Dell PC with a pci card installed a colleague with a harlequin rip express version 3.xx (the year 1915), connected to AccuSet and as if by miracle machine has drop good films.
I sent the pci card 476 and 776 of the Rio de Janeiro and both work there.
Could I be with:
2 Versions of Windows XP corrupted
1 Version of Windows Professional corrupted
3 Softrips Corrupted
3 PCs with all slots bad bad
Or is that the HW's did not like the climate of São Paulo?
Who could elucidate the mystery?

Thank you all.

friends,
A month ago, I bought a PCI-CARD HW 476 that came with a 6.0 SoftRIP HW Torrent.
I'm in São Paulo - Brazil and this board came from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
I installed the card, as the plugin and rip tutorial provider in Windows XP SP3 - The result was that the board gave several communication problems, sometimes not start work began and when printed images wrong, fault lines, blank pages. ..
I talked to a serviceman Agfa he directed me to install Windows Professional - The results were the same.
-I tested on 3 different PCs each with three PCI slots, all slots were tested, the negative result persisted.
-Installed drivers and other other plugins and outcome persisted.
- I installed Navigator 7 and 9 with plugins and its owed ​​nothing to produce a decent film.
Now is where the 776-20
I asked to change the PCI Card
We made all procedures with the new card, and the results were the same.
The Agfa serviceman came here with an old Dell PC with a pci card installed a colleague with a harlequin rip express version 3.xx (the year 1915), connected to AccuSet and as if by miracle machine has drop good films.
I sent the pci card 476 and 776 of the Rio de Janeiro and both work there.
Could I be with:
2 Versions of Windows XP corrupted
1 Version of Windows Professional corrupted
3 Softrips Corrupted
3 PCs with all slots bad bad
Or is that the HW's did not like the climate of São Paulo?
Who could elucidate the mystery?

Thank you all.

This isn't a mystery. There was a ghost in the computer Or the HW's did not like the climate of São Paulo :)

Attachments

• ghost.png
    ghost.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
This isn't a mystery. There was a ghost in the computer Or the HW's did not like the climate of São Paulo :)

Lol,
You have no idea what could be Farshad?
I've ordered a USB interface, quit the board.
But I was curious about what happened.

<<The Agfa serviceman came here with an old Dell PC with a pci card installed a colleague with a harlequin rip express version 3.xx (the year 1915) :D, connected to AccuSet and as if by miracle machine has drop good films.>>
And you did not pay attention on Windows installed on that Dell - ask AGFA serviceman first!

<<The Agfa serviceman came here with an old Dell PC with a pci card installed a colleague with a harlequin rip express version 3.xx (the year 1915) :D, connected to AccuSet and as if by miracle machine has drop good films.>>
And you did not pay attention on Windows installed on that Dell - ask AGFA serviceman first!

Hello VladCanada
Yes, I noticed. It was Windows NT (1914) a little older than the pci.
Thanks for participating!

So... that is a clue of "the miracle".
You still try to "mix water, mercury and oil" - at the exit you will get the same components.
You definetely need WinNT for proper drive your outdated HW interface card, despite the fact Win2000 and XP are NT based, interface card driver for NT can be uncompartible.

So... that is a clue of "the miracle".
You still try to "mix water, mercury and oil" - at the exit you will get the same components.
You definetely need WinNT for proper drive your outdated HW interface card, despite the fact Win2000 and XP are NT based, interface card driver for NT can be uncompartible.
In this case I was being fooled by my supplier (which I do not doubt). Because they ensure that the RIO ran with windows XP. But thank God, I have returned. Tired of playing movies off, call serviceman ... I just hope now that I do not have the same luck with USB interface.
Good Sunday!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back