Hyphen ImpoProof Reviews

Lester

Hi,

We're thinking about replacing our HP DoubleProofer with a used ImpoProof 8000.
Does anyone have any experience with this proofer? Reliability, ease of use, maintenance, etc…
Seems like the last time I saw one was in Chicago many moons ago.

Thanks,
Lester

I recently worked for 2 years at a book printer who used one of these. It worked pretty well, but seemed to go through heads quite frequently. Also, the software interface sucks, but all in all it got the job done. Every now and then we'd have to re-run a proof because it was out of register.

Thanks for the info.
It seems like the cost to maintain it would be more pricey than the DoubleProof – needing twice as many ink cartridges and printheads on hand. If I'm proofing via a Sierra or xmf workflow I wouldn't need to be concerned about software interface-right?

ImpoProof

ImpoProof

Maintenance costs are far less on an ImpoProof, as it is a software based solution, and not a mechanical one.

The 8000 is quite old, however those models up to the current ones are all upgradeable to the latest Canon printers.

The speed of it would also be quite impressive compared to what you have.

You can check out upgrade options at impoproof.

The key is to maintain the phone webex contract with us, it is only 895.00 per year, and we can remotely solve any issue you have.

Usually when they go out of register nobody calls and asks for help to solve them

John Meggitt
ImpoProof Product Manager

Thanks for the info.
It seems like the cost to maintain it would be more pricey than the DoubleProof – needing twice as many ink cartridges and printheads on hand. If I'm proofing via a Sierra or xmf workflow I wouldn't need to be concerned about software interface-right?

=If I'm proofing via a Sierra or xmf workflow I wouldn't need to be concerned about software interface-right?

Wrong - your workflow will (most likely) send TIFFs to the ImpoProof. Once there, it can go into a hotfolder or queue, then you can either have it on autopilot or manually send the proofs.

We ran a ton of proofs at the book shop, so we had a person whose primary responsibility was running the proofer and folding, cutting and QCing the proofs. It was pretty fast.

I have no experience using ImpoProof or DoubleProof. All I can tell you is what I learned about ImpoProof by seeing a demonstration of the product:

1. ImpoProof is great when you have a lot of jobs to send to it at the same time. If you print jobs as needed, you waste a considerable amount of media each time.
2. At the time I saw it (several years ago), the process of loading paper seemed tedious with several round trips between computer and printer.

I don't know what an ImpoProof costs but perhaps a SpinJet might be worth a look see?

Best regards,
pd

Last edited:
We have been running the Impoproof for a number of years. We have found it to be a rock solid solution with good support. We had a spinjet before the Impoproof and it is a much better and more dependable alternative to the Spinjet. Telephone support can remote in and fix the majority of problems. It does waste some paper if a job is pushed out, but the media for it is cheap. We simply include extra media in our costing structure for each job. I highly recommend it.

Thanks everyone for your input – very helpful!
I think until its seen in action, we won't have a clear idea of the time it takes to reload paper and
how much paper waste there is. We aren't a book printer and we don't proof several jobs at one time.
It sounds like a great proofer for large jobs that will continuously feed it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back