I cannot run gloss paper on my Ikon CPP660

VTsignguy

And Ikon is blaming me. They say i am running paper that is not within spec.

Currently i am trying to run Galerie Art 100lb text. 4/4 12x18 and unless i put 30 or less sheets in the PFU it will jam in the tray.

Sorry..out of the large feed unit, so tray 4 and 5. They seem to be replacing feed tires like crazy, and even told me there is a TSB about gloss paper that needs a new style feed roller.

But i seem to be wearing these tires out faster than normal....

FWIW, we noticed a lot more jams on coated stock on a machine without the preheaters installed compared to one with the preheaters. If you don't have them, it might be a cheap fix?

I do not have preheaters installed....i will check into that and see how much they would charge me.

thanks!!

It turns out i have dehumidifier heaters under tray 4 and 5 per my service manager....is this the same as preheaters?

yes, if the paper feels warm after sitting in the tray for half an hour then you will more than likely have tray heaters.

In the tray adjust set the air assit to maximum. On the left hand side of the tray there is a blue thumb screw, loosen this push it to one side then tighten again. Put one sheet of the paper you are trying to feed in the tray. Push the tray in, wait for it to elevate and pull it out. The deck should have stayed at the top. There should be a 1/2mm gap between your sheet and the paper guides. Adjust to this and loosen the thumb screw again and move it back to the orignal postion.

Try and feed a run again. If it continues to jam pull the tray out and have a look on the left hand side by the feed tyres there is a pressure adjustment pin. Move this to each extreme and see if this works.

If it still jam's take the paper out and put it on a desk or platen glass, how flat is it? If it has quite a bow in it I would say you will need a modified guide plate as it has a bevel to guide bowed stocks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back