I need a digital color press, can u help me?

joeperl

Hello everyone, this one is my first post, I hope u can help me and I promise some day to help u too.

I need a digital color press to print only pages on this size: 11"”x17" also I need print between 10k-20k pages at day. I want put the pages for a side and then when they leave, they stay done, and I want a machine working in an only step. So I’m looking for something good, pretty and low-priced.

Can u help me with my search?

PS: I’ve seen some options: Xerox 7002, there is another low price than this one?

Thanks in advance

:)

When you are considering a digital press, you must consider several factors:
- impression count per day
- impression count for month (monthly cycle rating)
- toner vs liquid ink
- paper type and weight
- print only or multifunction
- environment machine will be in
- finishing (including bulk output)
- service
- per click or consumables charge

In the past I have operated many toner based production machines, and I can tell you it's possible to get the pape count you are looking for from a number of manufacturers, the question is how will service be. When you are printing that high of a page count you will burn through a fused in a week, transfer belt ever couple of weeks, etc... So you need to consider your service options.

All major manufacturers make digital presses that can handle that sort of speed ( atleast 50ppm ) and load rating per month. You need to decide if you need a single function printer or a multifunction. If you don't forsee the need to do much scanning from the glass, you don't really need to spend the extra on it. You also need to consider how to load and unload all the paper. You will want the largest capacity paper cassette you can get, as well as a large finisher to be able to unload it. About 3,000 sheets for a finisher is the normal max. That means at 100 ppm you'll need to load and empty paper every 30 minutes.

When talking about toner vs liquid ink, I am of course referring to the HP Indigo. These are very expensive machines, but will hit the output quantity you are looking for very easily, and have good paper handling for large runs.

Are you looking at one large run, or many smaller runs?

I would recommend you call all the different equipment reps in your area, Xerox, Cannon, Ricoh, etc... and get an analysis of what they think you need, including a service contract. Without knowing more about what exactly you are printing this is all I can say. In this range you are looking at anywhere from $25,000 for a Xerox 7760 with finisher to half a million dollars for an iGen, Indigo, or Xeiken.

bw or color? static o vdp runs...?
with a 20k max 11x17, youll need a 100ppm (8.5x11), if its static a qm 46-2 o ryobi 3302 can do the job.

You are right, 100 ppm, I forgot to multiply by two for tabloid. Joeperl, output speed also is relative to paper thickness, a 110 ppm Xerox 4110 will only run about 50 ppm for 110# index. The thicker the paper, the more heat required to fuse it, so the slower it must pass through the fuser. The rated speed of a copier is at 20# bond letter impression on the lowest resolution setting, usually 600x600.

bw or color? static o vdp runs...?
with a 20k max 11x17, youll need a 100ppm (8.5x11), if its static a qm 46-2 o ryobi 3302 can do the job.

Color and static, tu Qm and Ryobi are digital presses? thanks for u help:):)

You are right, 100 ppm, I forgot to multiply by two for tabloid. Joeperl, output speed also is relative to paper thickness, a 110 ppm Xerox 4110 will only run about 50 ppm for 110# index. The thicker the paper, the more heat required to fuse it, so the slower it must pass through the fuser. The rated speed of a copier is at 20# bond letter impression on the lowest resolution setting, usually 600x600.

thank you very much for this post and the previous served me well!;)

I will only print on bond 8.5x11 for laser copier.

Thanks Again!

Hi joeperl,

I'm in Las Vegas but originally from Venezuela.

Anyway, I think for your volume 10 to 20K 11x17 is about 200k-400k/month you should think of a heavy duty machine.

I'm not saying a Xerox 7002 can't do it but you're going to kill that machine. Personally I like the HP Indigo (7000 or 7500) and the iGen4 (I use one every day) but the Kodak NexPress is also a good alternative.

I can tell you from experience that on a 100ppm device 20K 11x17's will take you one shift to produce (8 hours), so anything slower would just take too long.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back