Ideal Temperature and Humidity level for Press room

rafaqat

Dear members
I want to upgrade my printing press in Pakistan.
What is an ideal temperature and humidity level for press room.
I heard from my teacher about 27'C and 55 % of humidity level. Is this information is
correct?
How can I control atmosphere what sort of devices required.?

Pressroom Temperature

Pressroom Temperature

What city are you in Pakistan. Ambient conditions make a big difference in this regards. Other things to consider are the room size and roof height, the make and model of your press and what other equipment you will have in the same room, and wether you intend to store paper to acclamatize it before using.

And when it comes to your press, sometimes the "ideal" setting isn't the best. For example, our air temp was set "ideally", but we kept getting condensation on our auto-plate loading system which would drip on the plate and cause marking on sheets. We didn't want to mess with the settings of our unit so we run our air temp 2 C higher than we "should". You really have to just start with a recommended setting and then fine tune as you go.

Let us all take pride in the fact that the Air Conditioner was invented by a friend of a press owner. The owner always complained about temperature-related problems, and his friend came up with the air-conditioner...which most people cannot live without today!

Ask your equipment vendors for the environmental conditions, because if it's out of the specifications, warranty claims can troublesome.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back