Igen 4-90 vs Nexpress SE2500

bunstar

we are currently looking to upgrade our digital dept, currently we have a Xerox 700, Xerox 5000 and a basic but quick mono 4100. We still have a contract on these, but Xerox will cancel that with no penalty if we upgrade to the Igen, but we are also considering the Nexpress 2500, we will have to buy out the contract from Xerox, but is it a better machine, and worth it? I guess I am asking people who are actually using them or had experience of both for their thoughts, as both Reps obviously sing the praises, and accordingley they are the best machines ever! any ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated..:)

iGen4 informations

iGen4 informations

Hi burnstar,

we are a french customer of an iGen4 90. We are very satisfied of the quality of prints and the production capacity of the machine.
Being myself very interested in new technologies and product competition I have personally seen and compared the HP Indigo 7500, the Xerox iGen4 and Kodak NexPress 2500. It turns out that the Indigo 7500 and the iGen4 are the best products. Both in quality and technology. Also in Photoplan Printing Company we also had a 4110 and 5000 before opting for a iGen4. Today we are able to accept bigger jobs than before. In the near future we plan to buy one Color 1000 in addition and to backup the iGen4. That is my point of view. We hope this helps.

best regards

Raphaël BOULEUX

I have to agree with photoplan. The HP 7500 and the iGen4 are the best when it comes to digital work.
First of all make sure you have the volume and then think about what is more important to you.
If you just want quality then the Indigo is probably the best but if you want sheet size go with iGen4.

I've seen some really nice work coming off of iGen4s, better IMO than iGen3s even though they appear to be such similar technologies. The 6PP A4 option (oversized sheet) is useful too and IMO quality is good enough to replace 90% of press runs under 150 sheets or so.

If it were me doing a SWOT on that purchase, the Nexpress would have the most to prove, primarily due to the (relatively) small installed base and low market penetration into "high image quality" applications like commercial photo book printing. I'm not saying it wouldn't be the best machine for the job at the end of the day, just that it has more to prove.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back