iGen Daily Procedures?

DigitalG

Can anyone tell me all of the daily procedures necessary for an Igen3 and give an estimate on how long each takes? Please include start-up procedures, calibration, etc. THANKS!

Daily
Check HIGH FREQUENCY SERVICE ITEMS window and perform required preventative maintenance
Calibrate XriteColor Autoscan Spectrophotometer (once per day) depending on how color critical you are....
If iGen has been idle for more than 10 hours run machine warm-up
Run diagnostic job to evaluate state of engine. (LGL_CMM_Batchjob.pdf)
Calibrate paper stock for day's jobs, 80# gloss (once every 8-hr shift)

Average start up would be 30 minutes or more.....depending on whether or not you have out standing maintenence items to do....this would add additional time.

Your Xerox iGen analyst can also provide you with this info as well. They are all very well schooled on start up procedures.....

All customers tend to do these items differently, keep this in mind as well. Again....it all depends on your applications and how color critical you are.

Thanks for the info! We are looking to install this press and are debating purchasing the ACQS system. How long per day do you think this system would save us in manual calibration time?

Have you looked at ORIS Press Matcher Pro at all? I am just curious? What front end are you looking at? Free Flow Print Server??

May I send you directly some information from several existing iGen customers?

Have a look at this information. I have customer references that are using iGen3 with ORIS Press Matcher Pro that will speak to you any time. They were all equally inquisitIve about making certain they fully understood thier investment decision. I personallly supported as an iGen analyst many of the accounts I can put you in contact with. Also, when you read the Jarvis Case Study, the sister location mentioned in SC was my account.

Let me know if I can help you more.

Where are you located BTW?

Attachments

• CGS Solution Brief.pdf
    195 KB · Views: 251
  • GabrielFinal.doc
    102 KB · Views: 187
  • Press Matcher Brochure.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Jarvis_CS_9_08 (3).pdf
    330.1 KB · Views: 242

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back