Igen4 magenta shift

Sorry if this is addressed in another post somewhere else… I have noticed on multi-up jobs there is more magenta in the images at the top of the sheet or on one part of the sheet. For example, I have a small image we print 6-up and some of them have more magenta in them than others. And it shifts from sheet to sheet sometimes. I have cleaned wires, checked all the Dicors and cannot find any reason for it to be happening. We were having a problem with patches of magenta showing up on every Dicor all the way down a straight path - a little on the yellow, on the cyan and black. The final result was a darker stripe across the sheet (LE to TE). For the most part that has gone away. The image is imposed at the prepress station. Any ideas where the extra magenta might be coming from?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back