Illustrator CS5 Bug -- Spot Colors

Hi chevalier,
Check out the post by chm on October 1st and go to the link he provides. It sounds like Adobe is aware of the problem but doesn't indicate when it will be fixed. I also posted a bug report with Adobe back in September and have not received any response or information. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

This is the cost of the Adobe having an almost universal monopoly on creative software. Six months after launch a critical bug without a workaround is still in a flagship application. If there was competition in this market bullshit like this would not have to be tolerated.

I'll put a call in when I get a down moment and follow-up with what I find out.

Adobe® Illustrator® 15.0.2 CS5 Update
November 30, 2010
The Adobe® Illustrator® CS5 15.0.2 update addresses a number of issues, including the following:

PSD files lose saturation of spot colors when imported into AiCS5
Performance problems when guides are set to dot
Acrobat 10 documents with passwords fail to open
Improved precision with DXF import
Links are broken in legacy formats when image name contains Japanese characters for voiced sound marks
Rounded Corner Edges that curved inside flipped to curve outside
Non-Specific Crash when opening or closing files
Security Issues

Has anyone tested yet to see if this resolves the issue we are experiencing?

The problem appears to be fixed. I have attached a successful PDF/X4:2008. I tried to upload the source files I used but couldn't get it to upload the ZIP file.

Attachments

• Spot Color Test.pdf
    714.2 KB · Views: 202
I just updated to Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 and the bug has been fixed. The testing I did so far seems to work just fine. Has anyone else had the same results.

Thanks for all the input.

Wel I have tested it to, the good news is, SpotColors are ok.
But now there is a CMYK conversion where it shouldend be:=(

In the Examples you can see what it should be and what it is now in CS5, this realy sucks.

Attachments

• OK.jpg
    OK.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Not OK.jpg
    Not OK.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 175
Hello everyone,
I want left right top buttom alignment according to corel draw in Illustrator, i tried according to scripts
but not assign to shortcut command in illustrator this scripts, How it possible plz help me
thanks

@durgesh it is better you start a new thread when you have a new subject. Otherwise you confuse the current discussion and you risk not being seen with your question in by somone who knows what you want.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back