Illustrator question

Macmann

We have a client who provides extremely complex files that they use a single clipping mask to create 4, 5, or 6 individual parts. I am drawing a blank on a good way to turn that single clipping mask into separate files. The way they create it, I end up duplicating it and then deleting the segments to make the separate files.

This works but creates enormously complex files because each component of the original file is still there, it is just hidden by the remaining portion of the clipping mask that I save.

I would like to keep only the components and shape used for each portion of the clipping mask. Is there a way to do this that I am overlooking?

I've included an example with all the complexity stripped out so you can see what I mean.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• test file.pdf
    318.6 KB · Views: 362

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back