Illustrator - Spot Colours disappearing.

Sherbert

One of those days.

Illustrator CC 2014

Customer supplied .ai file

Setting up a folder for print. I've converted the Die lines to a Spot Colour called 'Cutter Guide' It's set as a Spot Colour using CMYK Alternatives as 100% Magenta. Document is CMYK.

Now, when I check Separations Preview and untick Cutter Guide - Nothing changes. It doesn't disappear like you would expect. Now, when you output this as a PDFX everything that's in 'Cutter Guide' disappears. ie. No Spot Plate in Acrobat Pro Output Preview, and no strokes.

I feel like there is a bug where as this is being recognised as CMYK and I would say 'Non-printing' during output. There isn't a 'Non-printing' in Illy like there is in Indy, right?

More often than not, the issue is with the carbon based unit that is located between the chair and the keyboard.

:p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back