"image stretching"

driall1

We have a lino 560 with on line processor and Harlequin rip that has been a work horse of a machine. Lately it has been stretching the image as much as .25 inch in a 20 inch run. There are no noticeable lines in he image and the imager rollers have been cleaned and inspected. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it may be?

Thx :)
David

I'd rather suggest to check rollers pressure: cut a piece of film, push it between the rollers and lightly keeping the rollers stopped by hand, try to pull out the film...
If that was easy to do - "shrinked rubber surface" is my verdict.
The second case - Supply Cassette or even Film Roll winding.
Try it and good luck.

If the linearity is being inconsistent, it can either be a mechanical issue, motor, or an electrical issue that may just need an alignment. We can help with either one. Contact me off site or send me a private message and I can discuss it with you.

I have tried the rollers and they seem tight and the cassette seems to be operating as it should.

any other suggestions would be appreciated

either way Thx

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back