Images resolution is changing when I check it in Pitstop

Eliox

Good day everybody,

I have recently noticed something weird about images resolution when checked in Pitstop,

I am working on a magazine on Indesign CS5 and all the images I am using are 300 ppi but when I open the finalized magazine in PDF and check the images resolution with "Pitstop Inspector", I see almost all the images with different (higher) ppi... for example one of the images was 300 and is now 700ish while another is 1200ish while another is still 300,

any help/hint is much appreciated,

Thank you in advance :)

Did you reduce the size of the photos in InD... InD would show you the "effective" resolution after the scaling which should reflect what you are seeing in Pitstop...

Yes I did reduce/cut most of those photos, I was thinking about something related to that.. thank you a lot. Now I need to know how to check the effective resolution in InDesign..

Many thanks again !!

Hi Eliox,

To easily see the native and effective resolution of images in InDesign, click the contextual menu button in the upper right corner of InDesign's Links panel and choose Panel Options. In there you can pick and choose the types of info the Links panel will display for all images.

Best regards,
hp

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back