IMPORTANT: Templates for a Web to Print Software

Braulio.m

Hi
I'm looking for templates for the web to print software I bought.

I need urgently, templates for all kinds of products: Bussiness cards, envelopes, letters, Posters, Brouchures, etc.

If you have templates and you want to sell them, I'm sure we can come to terms

You can send my a private email to [email protected]

Thanks

Braulio Méndez

It would think that it depends on the web to print system, would it not?

Or are you just after the static artwork and you will create the variable fields, formatting, rules etc using your web to print software?

Stephen Marsh

I too am looking for some templates for my web2print site I am building. Any leads would greatly be appreciated.

The same question would apply, are you after art that you will configure with variable fields, or are you after something that can be plugged in and instantly used? If the later, then what web to print engine?

Stephen Marsh

We are looking for PSD, iD, and Ai files we can us in our proprietary design studio that we are building. We would be configuring with variable fields Stephen. Do you know where we can find design templates for sale that will be licensed for web2print?

first of all thanks for answer me so fast.

In my case I need Illustrator o Indesign Templates. The system transform these archives in it's own web to print templates, adn after that, will say to the software which fields are customizible and which not.

The web pages you send are great for a designer who needs to sell a design but not for a web to print that resell those templates. So by right now I will looking for anything else.

Kind regards

first of all thanks for answer me so fast.

In my case I need Illustrator o Indesign Templates. The system transform these archives in it's own web to print templates, adn after that, will say to the software which fields are customizible and which not.

The web pages you send are great for a designer who needs to sell a design but not for a web to print that resell those templates. So by right now I will looking for anything else.

Kind regards

I understand the general process, I have used PressSense iWay and I also train and support a web to print artwork generation module in the Accura MIS.

A template is what you make of it. Obviously B2B has different requirements than B2C. I am not sure of the terms and conditions of some of these template sites, however TemplateCloud should have rights for you to onsell the templates in your web to print site - that is part of their business model:

https://developer.templatecloud.com
https://developer.templatecloud.com/usecases

EDIT: You may have to contact the sites and start a discussion, some sites may wish to sell you their W2P solution, however they may also simply license you the design templates if you have your own W2P solution. You will have to make sure that you have rights to use the template in a W2P solution, they may grant rights for you to use these in desktop based design programs - but not in a W2P setting.

Of course the issue with licensing templates is that your products will look the same as another sites.

When it comes to W2P, I personally prefer the B2B model than B2C.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Hire a graphic designer!

Depending on the template site, it could be an even bet on the cost of licensing hundreds of W2P templates, versus hiring a designer to create them for you! I would hope that general W2P templates would be cheaper, as the cost of development would be spread over each customer, rather than as a one off. An in-house designer/artist/prepress probably does not have the time for such a project.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Stephen:

That's the reason because I'm looking for templates; but by the moment it has been impossible to find it.

We will looking for

Maybe instead of looking for a place to buy them from, look at running it differently. Offer designers a percentage every time their design is used. You can encourage designs from many designers and potentially have a large data base of designs in a short amount of time. You may even end up with custom designs that only your site has. You could specify the requirements and all that to get what you need. Just a thought.

Maybe instead of looking for a place to buy them from, look at running it differently. Offer designers a percentage every time their design is used. You can encourage designs from many designers and potentially have a large data base of designs in a short amount of time. You may even end up with custom designs that only your site has. You could specify the requirements and all that to get what you need. Just a thought.

Nice idea, my first question would be how to easily manage the royalty aspect and pay the designers based on each “click use” for each of their designs… Metadata would be a good way, however metadata in their artwork may not survive the web to print system into the final PDF artwork downloaded by the print shop.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back