InDesign and HqRip, Job Naming Problem

John W

We have had good success printing InDesign CS2 and CS3 files to our HqRip once we upgraded the Rip one notch (5.3r6 to 5.5r1). The older version of course never heard of InDesign and would not work properly (see problem below).
I can always open a Quark 4 documents in InDesign directly and send to the RIP. I can even downgrade Q7 to Q4 and then open in Indd because when Adobe brought Indd to market they at first made it compatible with Quark.
Last week we decided to defrag the iMacs (Leopard, 10.5.4) using iDefrag 1.6.6 which worked well. BUT now the InDesign files have reverted to naming the file as the PPD, eg:2400_150lpi(M).tif instead of by file name 86513_F1_4512(M).tif as was the case with the older version HqRip. I now regret defragging.
I see from googling there was a preference in page setup to help this but I cannot find it in my versions of Indd. BTW, InDesign from Tiger OS (G4) still works fine and that is my workaround for now.
Anybody with ideas? No, I cannot/will not upgrade my Rip any farther (for other good reasons) until forced to!
John W

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back