InDesign bug or feature?

Lukas Engqvist

I haven't decided if this is a bug or a feature... but with a macbook and gestures enabled it is possible to rotate the master overlay (and/or everything on the page) by selcting a page and useing the rotate gesture. I see no dialouge telling me I can do this, an am still in a bit of a shock so I don't know if this is a bug or a feature... but it is interesting.:rolleyes:

That was maybe too way out to understand... here is a screen dump.
rotate page.jpg

The page transformation can be cleared by Object > Transform > Clear transformations

Last edited:
Ops! rotated off the edge... don't think that was supposed to be

Ops! rotated off the edge... don't think that was supposed to be

Ok I couldn't help trying to see how far to go...
rotate page off the edge.jpg

...that was definately not supposed to happen, but I realise I am pushing the limits :p

I think it's a hidden feature that has to do with the way that Adobe implemented variable page sizes. If you take a look at the scripting libraries there are ways that you can skew, rotate and otherwise mess with the entire page, but there aren't always easy ways to do the same with the GUI. Looks like gestures are just another way to apply.

Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back