Indesign CS3 missing pages pallet

prep

Hi,

All of a sudden my InDesign CS3 is no longer showing pages in the pages pallet. The pallet can be brought up but there are no page showing and no master pages either. I can navigate without the pages pallet but sometimes we need to pull apart spreads for Perfect bind books. I can't think of any way to do this without the page pallet. Could this be a problem with my Plug-in Configurations? (Or is it because I have every version of InDesign loaded on this machine)

How do I fix this problem?
1.8 GHz Power PC G5, 2 Gb SDRAM, OS X 10.4.11, Indesign version 5.0.4

never heard of that one.... I'd re-install personally. I wouldnt think it a very good idea to have more than 1 version of indy installed anyway

I'm not sure if this will fix it or not, but have you trashed your preferences files? Users>Library>Preferences>InDesign>version 5.

If you trash(Better to temporarily rename) the above mentioned folder, InDesign will generate a new preference folder with everything set to the default. This will sometimes clean up erratic behavior in a program.

I hope this helps.

Bill Jacobs

Thanks for the help, this is what worked

Thanks for the help, this is what worked

hello,

I tried to delete the Version 5 folder, but after a computer restart the problem persisted. I tried this instead. I opened the menu Indesign>Configure Plug ins... I made a copy of the all plugins set and turned off the pages panel plug in. I restarted Indesign. At this point there was no pages panel available at all. I opened the same Configure Plug ins window and reset back to the original All plug ins set. I restarted inDesign again. This time the pages Panel shows the pages. Everything appears to be working. Now I have to reset my work space, but that won't be any sweat.

Thank you everyone for your help. Any other insights welcome.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I am sure this will help somebody else that will have similar problems. So giving the solution is good for all. thanks for sharing

Chris

As a matter of course, we have all versions of InDesign on our Macs, so we prepare files on the same platform and version software as our clients (thus avoiding some text rewrap and linking issues), so we can return their printer-altered files upon completion of their job. I thought most printers kept multiple versions on hand!

yes I agree with Criminy.. I have three different versions. Some hasn't gone to CS3 yet but some have and I will try to use the lastest version

Thanks for the info Mike, I was experiencing the same problem and played around with your advice to get the pages panel back up and running.

On a PC:
Went to Program Files>Adobe>Indesign>Plugins>Layout...dragged the Page Panel Plugin out of the folder to the desktop....restarted Indesign...closed Indesign...dragged Page Panel Plugin back into original Layout folder...restarted Indesign! Bam! Pages are back.

Strange little program bug!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back