Indesign CS3 wont launch javaScript issue

Bansheei

Hi there guys,

I have a very strange issue regarding Indesign CS3, we purchased the complete suite about a month ago and all programs ran fine, until now.

When I try and launch Inddy CS3 I get an error.
'Cannot load Adobe InDesign CS3 because it requires JavaScript. Please install the JavaScript plug-in and restart adobe Indesign.'

The suite is subscription edition which has a full year paid up.
Working on a G4 Mac, can anybody shed some light into what I have to do to get it running again and why this may have happened...

how is it possible to load Javascript into CS3?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... :(

Attachments

• Java Script Plug-in.jpg
    Java Script Plug-in.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 151
Hi there prepressguru,

Nope. I haven't performed any updates. (System or application updates)
It was working fine last Friday, come monday morning it has the problem.

All other versions working fine;
Inddy CS1, Illy CS1, Phot CS1, Acro 7, Illy CS3, Phot CS3, Acro 9...

Is it possible, if at one instance Indesign CS1 and Indesign CS3 had been accidentally launched at the same time, this may have corrupted something within Indesign CS3...

May there be something I can search for somewhere on the mac (preferences or something...) to determine if something is missing or has corrupted...

Hmm interesting. I did a search within the Indesign app folder and there are javascripts there. Inside the application itself (show package contents) there is a Support for JavaScript.InDesignPlugin which is a internal component of Indesign. I'm guessing your app has gotton corrupt and you may have to re install it.

Thanks

Thanks a lot prepressguru!

You gave me a cheeky idea, that worked!!!

I copied the support for JavaScript file from Indesign CS1 app into where it was suppose to be in the CS3 app and renamed it what you told me it should be called 'JavaScript.InDesignPlugin', then I relaunched indd CS3 and whalla, it works!

Thanks again, for your all replys. Its just me here running prepress and it helps to bounce ideas off someone that is also in prepress.
:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back