Indigo Blanket Woes

I run a small print ministry out of our church and have an Indigo 1000. I have been trying to find blankets on ebay because they are just too expensive from HP. (We are non profit and don't charge for our printing). I noticed that someone on ebay mentioned that the pips for the 3000 presses will work for the 1000 machine, but that they were just a bit longer and had to trimmed off at the tail end.

My question is, could it be that the 3000 blankets might work on a 1000? I don't have access to one to check by, but it seems that if the width of the pips are the same then the blankets should be too. The only thing is that they might not have the same metal hook system used to attach to the ITM.

Does anyone have access to both a 1000 or 2000 series press as well as a 3, 4, or 5000 series press so they could compare the blankets?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back