Indigo down time

ajr

How much down time do you have on your indigo every day. Lets say over a normal shift how much time is taken on general cleaning and maintenance, not including make ready. I also need to know if this has improved as the machines have improved over the years. Say from a machine that is 10 years old (if they still exist) to the latest models.

Thanks

AjR

We had a "Turbo Stream and a R1000" . . . and in the end (about 4 years ago) the maintenance was eating us up. . . went to a Xerox 770 - haven't looked back since . . .

We've had a 3500 press, which is a series 2 press. There have been many advancements since these series 2 presses were sold. I would have to imagine that some of those advancements have allowed operators to see less downtime. For instance, the 3500 used scorotrons to charge the plate. The newer presses have a charge roller that does this and to my knowledge, does not require the kind of maintenance that the scorotrons did. And of course it would depend on volume. The more you're using it, the more maintenance you'll need to perform. Blanket changes, pip changes, ink tank cleaning, lubrication, etc. But generally, you can expect to have at least an hour each day used primarily for cleaning and maintenance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back