Indigo off Click Program

TheProcessIStheproduct

My warranty is about to come up, are any Indigo users having success with 3rd party service and buying consumables as you go, i.e. cutting the purse strings of HP? The idea is a little daunting, but click charge + monthly service really adds up if you are not lousy with volume, don't get me wrong the 3500 is a great machine, but breakeven between going to convention offset is really low with the current cost structure, I need to get those costs down, but don't want to be left out to dry if something goes wrong???

re:Indigo off Click Program

I ran a 3050 for about a year off clicks and service. We used ebay as our consumables vendor at about 1/3 cost. Service was a different matter. We managed to incurr less than $900 in service charges in a year but it cost us keeping a $2000 retainer in the HP coffers. I had some recurring problems with failing auto bias that would come and go but it never caused a down press condition. I would just manually color balance to compensate. Parts are expensive and the only reliable source is HP. Try pricing a POPI board or FIFO board at $2250 each.

PB

Never been on click system

Never been on click system

Our church bought a used Indigo 1000 to use for a print ministry. We got a lot of consumables when we bought the press, but I have bought a lot of ink off ebay...

I have an account with HP, but have not had to use it except to pay them to do an install when we bought the press.

I have had a few problems, but have always been able to get around them so far...

I wish I have a 3,4,or 5000 instead. The inks and consumables for the 1000 are getting hard to find on ebay and are more expensive.

Consumables for your press should be readily available though...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back