Inexpensive Small Press Plate Option?

bobtucker

We print almost 100% digital toner or inkjet at our shop. However, we still have a few jobs that we offset print on our Ryobi 3302. All small stuff, 13 x 19 Max. Our Platesetter, which we used to print metal plates, just died, and we don't want to fix it or replace it.

Question: Can anybody recommend a decent-quality direct-to-plate option that is affordable? It doesn't have to be metal plates, but it needs to do decent-quality 150 LPI and register well.

The average run length is probably 500 - 2000.
Approximately 30 plates per month

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I have an option for a small press that, after 28 years of CtP as an operator, installer, technician including service/support and sales I can in all honesty say "this is the one that fits" for anybody seeking a high quality, chemical free, inexpensive, easy operation CtP for small offset press operations.

It's time to take the old chemical hog, money pit to the dump and forget about it and all its problems.

I have an option for a small press that, after 28 years of CtP as an operator, installer, technician including service/support and sales I can in all honesty say "this is the one that fits" for anybody seeking a high quality, chemical free, inexpensive, easy operation CtP for small offset press operations.

It's time to take the old chemical hog, money pit to the dump and forget about it and all its problems.
I'm all ears, what is it?

It's part of the evolution of plate technology, something that has been proven but not quite on this level until now. I'm hoping to use this forum to simply promote to the right market without being a salesman.

I'm happy to do these 3 things to help pique your interest

1. Talk to you about the work you do, what equipment and procedures you currently use and what your explicit needs are based on your feedback and how this would fit

2. Provide you with plate samples, preferably with your PDF file for a live run(s) based on above criteria.

3. Give you a complete overview, demo and cost including unlimited technical support, from networking computer to ink on paper, if you have interest to go this route. I'm committed to find the right customers, not just anyone who happens to run a press and needs a plate.

Ps, I just read your post above and the pieces fit, 3302/150LPI/30 PPM/10K run length, etc

Last edited:
What presses have you operated before?
I have not been on this forum for years however since there are only 2 other posts, all but the OP, are either submitted by me or in reference to me, I assume your question is aimed at me.

That said, my background is extensive in Pre-Press and not Press however I've run a couple different presses, for example, QM46, not as production but to demo our plates in a facility that housed our tech support facilities

It's part of the evolution of plate technology, something that has been proven but not quite on this level until now. I'm hoping to use this forum to simply promote to the right market without being a salesman.

I'm happy to do these 3 things to help pique your interest

1. Talk to you about the work you do, what equipment and procedures you currently use and what your explicit needs are based on your feedback and how this would fit

2. Provide you with plate samples, preferably with your PDF file for a live run(s) based on above criteria.

3. Give you a complete overview, demo and cost including unlimited technical support, from networking computer to ink on paper, if you have interest to go this route. I'm committed to find the right customers, not just anyone who happens to run a press and needs a plate.

Ps, I just read your post above and the pieces fit, 3302/150LPI/30 PPM/10K run length, etc
I'd love to hear more and see a demo plate. Send me your contact information, and I'll reach out to you offline.

I have not been on this forum for years however since there are only 2 other posts, all but the OP, are either submitted by me or in reference to me, I assume your question is aimed at me.

That said, my background is extensive in Pre-Press and not Press however I've run a couple different presses, for example, QM46, not as production but to demo our plates in a facility that housed our tech support facilities
Great to see Erick on the forum. He's helped us out many times over the years! Very knowledgeable and patient.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back