Ink cost comparison

Robert_O

Hi,

I have been asked to compare different ink concept. What do you think is the best way to compare inks?

The question given to me applies for Flexo inks so I would be especially grateful if anyone could share it thought on how to compare different flexo ink concepts. Is it best to compare component wise or recipe by recipe.

Thanks!

Flexo ink measurements

Flexo ink measurements

Hi Robert: The following objective guidelines are offered to best qualify any various on press ink sets...

• Are the flexo inks to be compared run on Narrow and or Wide web applications?
  • Are these Water based and or Solvent based ink sets?
  • Are the colors being RIPped, plated and run with GCR and or UCR?
  • Are the plate values calibrated and printed to a eg GRACoL type specification?
  • How are on press Densities monitored and measured - manually or automatically?
Any process known to be under control has many benefits. Then seeing the end result products side by side, in a controlled light booth provides a fair result, to then run a comparative cost analysis.

Sincerely,

Greg Imhoff
Director EPG Color Solutions
(800) 394 - 7130 - office
(708) 557 - 2021 - cell
Print Properties Committee Member and GRACoL G7 Expert
Essex Products Group | Integrated Color Control Systems

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back