Ink Technical Service?

D Ink Man

Just curious, is anyone in our society receiving any technical servicing from a qualified ink technical person?

Not referring to individuals dressed in suits, loaded with football tickets, pizzas for the pressroom, cologne kind of guy.

A person with short sleeves, properly equipped with tools to audit your press/pressroom that takes a sincere interest in your operations that will help your company's bottom line. This type of guy That is what is wondered.

If so, do they make floor visits in a proactive situation as well as a reactive situation to get you maximized for running and ultimate printability of product?

When is the last time you had a visit from a person with these credentials? Ever?

Very interested in the responses. Thank you in advance.

D Ink Man

We receive excellent technical service/support from our ink supplier(Sun Chemical). They respond to all our issues and we have monthly meetings with the ink people so that issues are addressed quickly. We have a very skilled and dedicated pair of guys in the inplant ink room and their colour matching ability is second to none. Very happy Sun customer.

From time to time I miss being an inplant ink technician. I am glad you have a couple of good ones.

I guess you need an inplant then to get Technical Service today from a qualified ink person.

How about printers that don't have the luxury of an inlant ink room. Are you receiving any sort of this subject servicing?

D Ink Man

We use VanSon and they have Tech Service people that are excellent. Many of them are ex trade people. I have had a lot of success with them

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back