Inkjet Envelope Press

SAP24

Has anyone used either the KirkRudy FireJet or the iJet Color Pro 1175 Pro. Have used PSI toner based machines over the past 6+ years. Have worn them out after 3 years and 3-4 million impressions. Done with the poor feeder and constant waiting to heat up. Looking to switch to inkjet. Print 1 to 1.2 million envelopes annually. Any information or review would be appreciated.

We installed an iJet Color Pro 1175P with the HP head. Installed in August this year with about 550,000 on it so far. Runs like a champ, has no feeding issues like toner once you figure out how to operate it. We run everything from 4 bar to 10x13 and have several setups a day. Super easy to change over, minimal maintenance. Runs 6-3/4 Remittance like a champ, both sides (not at the same pass) without issues. Infinite adjustability of the head height to compensate for thickness. The inks DO NOT run when wet.

We've had 2 Xantes and a Riso 7335.... Do yourself a favor and just get this, you won't be disappointed. I whish it would have been available sooner.

Thanks for the feedback. Just got samples and they look good. Does software have JDF workflow capabilities?

better software with the Firejet, the ijet is nice but the company is the middle man - you will always pay for ink and supplies.

better software with the Firejet, the ijet is nice but the company is the middle man - you will always pay for ink and supplies.
Are you referring to Kirk-Rudy? If so not even the same machine, KR uses Memjet heads the 1175P use HP heads. By the looks the software is the same. I'm guessing the KR is quite a bit more expensive.

i am sure the machine is more $$$. I guess the HP engine is newer, but Printware was always a middle man, everything costs more. I would compare ink costs, and consumable costs. If ink is 3 times as much as the Kirk Rudy, doesn't take long to cost more....

i am sure the machine is more $$$. I guess the HP engine is newer, but Printware was always a middle man, everything costs more. I would compare ink costs, and consumable costs. If ink is 3 times as much as the Kirk Rudy, doesn't take long to cost more....
Xante is also building their inkjet around the HP head. My understanding is that the HP inks are less expensive than Memjet but I haven't seen actual numbers. The KR is more rugged and has a variety of feed options like sheet feeders, friction feed for corrugated and more. Definitely much more money. The Xante Rocket is projected to market for about $50 to $60k. Unfortunately the IQ software isn't that great at handling Pantone spot colors in graphic images. Xanté launches their new full color specialty printing solution based on HP FI-1000

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back